“Good stay just bit noise”

Cafe Locca Homestay
Ranked #25 of 137 Sanur B&B and Inns
australia
“Good stay just bit noise”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

iam stay at cafe loca 2 night,the room is clean,the staff also nice but the breakfast is average,just bit noise from the street near my room so cant sleep in the morning.wiifi some time not conect n maybe better when can work in side the room.

Room Tip: get room not to close the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I was told via email that I had a room for the evening, everything was confirmed. When I showed up from a late nigt flight at 130 am the only people there were 3 completely strung out men who couldn't even complete sentences in their own language. They stared at a computer screen for 15 minutes before I finally got so frustrated that I left. Then I had to walk by myself, as a female, in the middle of the night to find another hotel. Rediculous and unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Jaron R
PrimaC0ttage, Owner at Cafe Locca Homestay, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest

We apologize for all inconveniences you experience at our property as we did not want to ruin your holiday.
Unfortunately in August some of our staff went on holiday,we gave opportunity to students who came from other less advantage part of Indonesia and willing to work during their holiday.
In a future we will be more carefour in choosing workers more appropriate for our hostel.
Thank you for your precious remark.
Magdalena Cwik
Cafe Locca Homestay owner
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My stay at Café Locca was fantastic! I was picked up from the airport through pre-arranged booking with their driver. The staff are very friendly and will give you great advice on local activities and how to get around, the dorm was spotless and cleaned everyday, and great bathroom and ample storage space for my belongings. I stay in the 8 bed dorm and had a great time with friendly, like minded travellers. Café Locca is just a short walk to the beach and local cafes and shops. I recommend the beauty salon next door and also SalonKu on the main road for a relaxed massage or facial. The pool at Café Locca and the gardens make it more like staying at a resort without the price tag!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Missi1980
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Before checking into cafe locca, I had been burning $130 per night at the sanur beach hotel... Not only did I save a bunch of money by moving, cafe locca had a much better and pleasant atmosphere than sanur beach hotel! Sure, the breakfast options were limited ("omelette? egg?") but i just bought my own breakfast stuff at Hardy's to supplement-
I met a number of great people (especially from japan and CHINA!) at cafe locca- that's the other big plus of staying there. I wish I had as many positive things to say about the kite-surfing in Sanur, but there was only wind on 2 of my 6 days... Oh well.
And if you stay at cafe locca I have a couple small tips for you:
- eat your lunch/dinner at the corner place on the left as you walk toward the beach from CL
- be careful about changing cash with the woman at the 2nd place on the left (not the minimart woman, the one next to the little mini mart) just across from sanur beach hotel. she's rude, miscounts, and rips you off!
- tennis can be lots of fun if you manage to get some court time at sanur beach hotel

Thanks cafe locca

Room Tip: rooms 2 and 3 are next to a noisy pump...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank will c
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Unfortunately, there was a pump on the back of the room which was really disturbing due to a horrible noise. (Room 3)

Nevertheless, the staff was very helpful, arranged several things and helped out wherever they could.

It is a couple of minutes away from the first restaurants. If you decide to stay here you should be aware that you might need to rent a scooter otherwise it could become boring after some days. Also,
for breakfast you can only choose between fried eggs or an omelette. Both ways, you get two toasts. No butter, no jam, nothing else.

All in all, I can definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peterpanda1337
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this place for two nights, but decided to return at the end of my trip because I liked it so much.The first time I stayed at the dorm above the reception. This dorm is quite noisy, because of the roosters outside and the traffic early in the morning so bring ear plugs. Nevertheless, the room is clean, has AC and they even make your beds. The second time I stayed at the dorm next to the swimming pool which is more quiet, has a larger bathroom and bigger lockers. Good and cheap massage salons (for exapmle Salonku) nearby, nice places to eat, 15 minute walk to the beach. You can take a bemo bus (local bus) for only $0.50 to the night market or a restaurant more up north. The lady and guy at the reception are very friendly and the girl who makes you breakfast in the morning will definitely bring a smile to your face.

Room Tip: Try to get the dorm next to the pool, which is more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tys123
PrimaC0ttage, Manager at Cafe Locca Homestay, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for nice review! Usually people use this web only to express their discontent so we appreciate even more :)
Its true, as a result of trying to keep price of dormitory bed as economic-friendly as possible we had to reduce something in favor of free access to kitchen all the time where every guest can cook not only breakfast but also other meals.There is free water dispenser in dinning area
However for standard rooms guest we still deliver breakfast to their rooms
Thanks for tip about Balinese antic doors,we will minimize gap to make bathroom more private..
Greetings
Pedro Lopez
Cafe Locca Homestay Team
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was so lucky to find this place! The dorm for $10/night was clean, comfortable and spacious.
I stayed in the dorm above the reception, but I heard that the dorm by the pool is even more spacious and almost a 5-star quality! The bathroom was clean as well and provided soap and shampoo.
The staff Ryan, who was always there during my short 3-day stay, was such a doll. He was always smiling and willing to help in any and every way. Aris, who cooked our breakfast, was also all smiles and remembered my name to say hello whenever she saw me.

I thought the location was great! So many restaurants, shops, ATMs nearby and very convenient to everything. I took a green bemo to the Fast Boat pier for 10,000idr.
I didn't go the beach but The other guests said it was walking distance.

Everybody in the dorm was friendly and sociable as well! Plenty of new friends to share a meal/drink with!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank darwin11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Donna Homestay
Gustav Homestay
Gustav Homestay
#24 of 137 in Sanur
Kembali Lagi Guest House

Been to Cafe Locca Homestay? Share your experiences!