“Outstanding”

Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Bali, Indonesia
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently stayed with a colleague at the Regent Bali, and am still in awe of my experience.

Check in was easy, with the reception staff knowing my name upon arrival as they had been expecting me.

I was shown to my suite, and how sweet the suite was! A huge 90sqm of floorspace, a beautifully decorated bathroom, and a great open air balcony that could be closed off from the outside world by way of a shade blind and some sliding doors.

From the L'Occitane amenities to the linen(!) sheets and the chocolates left on my bed as part of the turndown service, i cannot fault this stunning hotel.

We enjoyed a couple of drinks and dinner in the restaurant down by the pool, and i can highly recommend the salt and pepper squid as an entree and the fish as a main - excellently prepared and perfectly cooked.

Following dinner, we went to have a signature spa treatment, and i have to say that this was possibly the best massage i have had for many years. The room was pleasant, the 'undies' were not paper - they were fabric and very comfortable, the temperature was perfect and the therapists were discreet and caring.

The biggest surprise for me at the end was that my car was returned to me clean and shiny! A wonderful finish to an excellent stay.

I will definitely be back - whether for another stay or for a meal with friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank DonnaM1965
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Ms Donna
Warm greetings from Regent Bali.
My team and myself are trilled that you enjoy the Regent service and we have so many great ideas how we can surprise our guest everyday from new again.
This process to get better every day is a ongoing process and Tripadvisor is one of the plattforms where we can listen and learn from our guests. Hopefully, I will be able to catch up next time when you come to the Regent.
Thank you again to choosing our Resort to be your place for recreation and relaxation.
Warm regards Michael Gaehler michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and a group of his friends for a weekend when it just opened. A truly unforgettable 2 night stay where we were treated with first-class service. All the rooms has a personal butler who'd gladly cater to your every needs. The "zen" decor of the rooms are unique and rare in Bali. The amenities provided were more than i could ever ask for. The infinite pool was definitely the highlight of the stay as it measures 50m long, an absolute treat for us! We also dined at the restaurant near the pool. The food prepared by the the New Zealand chef had the finesse that you can find in any fine dining restaurants in Asia. Furthermore, the sea view from the restaurant during our dinner was the icing to the cake. For a frequent Bali visitor like us, we were impressed with our stay in the Regent and we think that it has the potential to be one of the leading hotels in Bali! Great job!

3 Thank michelle a
Dear Michelle
Wonderful to know you had a great experience. We do hope your memories from your holiday, will hold for a long long time. Please feel free to contact myself anytime and looking forward to have you soon back here at the Regent Sanur. Warm regards Michael michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Love the small details in the large room, from the ceiling decorations to the custom made yellow-white lights next to the bathroom mirrors. When the door to the patio is opened the AC automatically turned off to save energy which is very cool. I miss the Bose in the room, but most of all I miss the awesome pool. Looking forward to coming back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K W
Dear Regent Guest -KW

Thank you very much to spend time to send us your great comments from your stay this month.
Please let me know when are you coming back and I am more then happy to explain, where is our Bose system and speakers for our guest rooms.
We offer for our guest the Ipod and Iphone docking station and of course also adapters for all other smartphone type to listen to your music anytime in the bathroom or living room.
We will make sure, we are pointing the sound system to our guest more clear.
Please contact me anytime and we all looking forward to welcome you soon back again.
Warm regards Michael
michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thought it was worth posting a review about their service before the stay has even begun!! Have booked a stay at the Regent this July/August for my family and encountered problems with the booking due to system error. An amazing service from the GM who has personally taken over to resolve the booking error, although it has to be said the customer service from the assistant reservation manager was equally prompt and courteous. Totally blown away with the attitude of the GM and am now very much looking forward to our stay. Will be posting a review after the actual stay but thank you so far to them and hats off for the level of customer service to date.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 35Abp
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear future Guest... Thank you so much for your feedback ... its a pleasure to help and get all in the right direction. Holiday is one of our most important time and we all wish, we can stay there where we get, what we are looking for.
I am sure your stay here at Regent will give you, the same impression - after you will meet our all my employees here. We are looking forward to say
Selamat Datang di Regent Bali or Warm welcome... We keep in touch and see you soon. Michael Gaehler
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Regent Bali was still in its soft opening phase when we went and we were told we were one of their first ever guests. The staff was incredibly accommodating and the service was great. You get your own butler so that you end up having one person you get to know who arranges everything and anything you need. The amount of stuff they offer complimentary was very generous. Breakfast included, morning drink included, car to and from the airport with wifi on it included, wifi around all the hotel grounds included, afternoon lobby canope included and on top of that morning yoga sessions next to the beach included. The rooms and grounds of the hotel are also beautiful and the gamelan players they have playing live just did it for me. The only downsides were that the villas are still under construction nearby so they are giving everyone a discounted rate before they officially open I believe.

5 Thank Zaid_kw
Dear Regent Guest Zaid_KW

You was one of our frist guest here at the Regent Bali and we are very happy that you enjoy your stay here so much. The team from Regent would like to send you a warm Terima Kasih and please contact me for your next stay directly.
Best your Michael michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a 3 night break at this hotel mid June 2013.

The Regent opened at the beginning of June 2013 and had a special offer price during their
"soft Opening' phase.

From the booking process all the way through to the return trip to the airport we had the most marvellous stay. The staff were attentive, the suite was huge and very well equipped, the food was delicious to a high standard and we found reasonably priced. Alcohol was expensive but this is to be expected in a 5* Hotel.

Ill try to remark on as many items as possible about the stay.

Pick up from the airport - We were met by a very smart man in traditional Balinese dress who took us to the waiting chauffeur driven car. Inside the car were cold towels and bottled water - this was much appreciated as it was 34dgs and very humid outside. The driver was considerate asking us if the temperature and music were ok. He also told us that the car had WIFI. The return trip was exactly the same. Steady driver too.

Check-in --- Large open plan lobby lounge area, very modern but still in-keeping with the traditional feel. You are guided to a huge wood table and offered seats while the staff bring you a refreshing drink of ginger, lemongrass and soda a further cold towel while you relax for a moment and wait for the reception staff to come to you and check you in. This is a very nice way to check in to a hotel as there are no queues or barriers. Very Civilised
Once you have checked in, your Private Butler introduces himself and takes you to your suite and points out areas of the hotel on the way. Everything in the suite is explained to you too.

Inside your Suite - The suite was exceptionally large compared to European Standards. The décor was Elegant, calming and traditional all at the same time. When you walk into the Suite the large bathroom was on our left, Walk in shower, large bath big enough for two, his and hers sinks and a separate toilet. Plenty of towels all of high quality. The amenities in the bathroom were LÓccitane along with other goodies: brush, hair band, Decleor products, shaving items, toothbrush, insect repellent etc. In fact you could have travelled very light with just some clothes as all your toiletries were provided.

Come out of the bathroom and the Butlers Pantry is in front of you. This was genius. Its a small lockable cupboard which the Butler has access to from the outside. When you have finished with any food or drink items or in-room dining, instead of leaving the tray outside the door cluttering up the hallway, you place all the items into the pantry and the Butler checks during the day to remove dirty trays.

Wardrobes with plenty of hangers, umbrella, beach bag, hairdryer, flip flops for him and her, dressing gowns, jewellery box and a safe.

Large bedroom area, Superking size bed, TV, office area then sliding doors through to the lounge area with TV, Fridge and drinks station.

The bedding is made from fine Linen - the best sheets I've ever had
Fridge is stocked with a selection of drinks including local beer - these are complimentary
Fresh flowers in the room every day
Fresh cookies and mixed nuts everyday
Early morning tea/coffee with muffins bought to your room

Breakfast - This was from 06.00 to 11.00. Once again cold towels were offered as you sat at your table. Tea/coffee is bough to your table along with fresh juices, then you can go to the buffet and hot station to choose your items. Lots of different items and changed every day. Fresh breads, cakes and muffins, sushi, local Balinese dishes, cheeses, fresh fruits, cereals and choice of eggs.
Each time we enjoyed a meal in the restaurant for breakfast or in the evening the waitress bought over small canapés of treats from the Chef, I suppose they were new ideas he was trying out. The mini Pancakes with lemon curd were to die for!

By the Pool - Large sun loungers with very deep cushions and umbrella. The Pool Boy prepares your bed for you, places two towels, a table with cold towels, flavoured water, sun cream, after sun and spritzing spray. Throughout the day you are given canapés of fresh fruit, sorbet and fruit shots, your water is replenished as soon as you are near the bottom of the glass. There are Cabanas on the beach front if you would prefer not to sit next to the pool

The pool side Restaurant - Open all day overlooking the pool and sea. They serve everything from Steak Sandwich, Beefburger and Lamb Kofta to Fresh Seafood and Steaks in the evening for Elegant dining.

Layang Layang Restaurant- This is currently open for breakfast and evening but I am presuming as the hotel grows it will be open for lunch. The restaurant serves Asian inspired food. Beef Rendang was my favourite along with bread and butter pudding with coconut sorbet.

Lobby Lounge - In the evenings between 17.00 - 19.00 Canapés are served. Cocktail list is varied, once again the staff spoil you with their service.

I would definitely come back to this hotel (bank balance permitting). The Swiss Manager is seen frequently around the hotel chatting to guests, checking that everything is running smoothly and efficiently. The staff are eager to engage in conversation and ask for feedback. Nice touches - staff address you by name not Sir or Madam and also remember what drinks and food you like.

There were a few teething issues but this is to be expected and they were rectified immediately.

My personal gripes were: Extra light is needed in the hallway to your room as its very dark, the mattress is medium-hard, I prefer a soft mattress, not many sun loungers by the pool. This didn't affect us but I would imagine when there are more guests it may be an issue. Ants in the lounge area of the suite. I am used to ants as I live in Singapore but some people may be put off by them. Very difficult to control in a tropical climate, insect spray was provided. The beach in front of the hotel was a little disappointing as I was expecting to be able to enjoy a few hours in the sea and lie on the beach, but the fishing boats are located here - nice to watch but not for bathing

3 Thank Ashley C
Dear Regent Guest "Bonnieash"

Warm greetings from the Regent Bali.
Thank you so much for you time to write your very detailes and so good comments about your stay at the Regent Bali. My team and myself are very happy to read your comments.
We improving every day our service and many wonderful ideas and inputs from our guest and employees help us to make a more memorable stay possible for our guest.
I belief there is still a lot of details we can improve and next time if you will visit the Regent, we can show you more of our unexpected surprises.
Please feel free to contact me anytime and your Suite will be ready to hideaway from the daily hassle and stress. In September we will have 25 two and three bedroom villas with private pool perhaps you would like to try them? Please contact me any time
Warm regards Michael B. Gaehler michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

There were 9 of us in an extended family and we booked 4 rooms (2 in each, with the exception of one room with my aunt and uncle with their 8 year-old girl). Each one had a personal "butler" who showed you the amenities and how to function everything within your room; we had Dewa and he made us feel right at home. The room itself is absolutely amazing with a closed porch facing the garden outside, and it's equipped with snacks and a mini refrigerator with various types of drinks, ranging from, but not limited to, Bintang beer to San Pellegrinos (all are complimentary). water night, there is a man who plays traditional Balinese music on a gamelan in an open terrace and the entire hotel is lit up; the hotel refined the definition of "exotique." Infinity pool is one-of-a-kind and the staff there asks you if you want drinks during your swim. Out of all the international luxury hotels (including Ritz Carlton in Singapore) Regent Bali is overall the best hotel where I've stayed, with its attentive service and breathtaking exterior/interior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Clarissa S
RegentBali B, Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you very much for your time to share your very positive feedback from your stay at Regent Bali. Our employees and my self are very happy to know you and your family had a wonderful time. To improve everyday our service and guest experience is a non ending positive process and we all are looking forward to welcome you back very soon again and I am confident that your next stay will again exceed your expectations.
Please contact me anytime.
My personal e-mail is: michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com.

Michael B. Gaehler