“the fastes boat to gili island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Star Express

Ocean Star Express
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the fastes boat to gili island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

this boat are picking you up from your hotel bring to candidasa village [ padang bay harbour ] and took 1 hour from padang bay harbour to gili island.

Francestown, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family with 3 children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ocean star to go to Gilli's islands very nice
Rooms available and not expensive
Nice restaurants with fishes
No problems with this company

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I guess we all Lived different experiences with this company.
Hopefully mine was pleasant.
Paid 500 000 Rupiah return for two (instead of the 1million 200 asked for Tourists).
My price was really really surprising! As we were announced 600,000 rupiah the day before. We have booked in Sanur (in a tourist information place) there are many but discuss the price and take it down as much as you can.

Driver came to our hotel on time. Took us to PadangBai and then we took the Ocean Star fast boat.
I heared so many stories about the boat being full, accidents....but mine was amazing.
We were few, travelled quietly, they even gave us water.
And the return was amazing as well. Fast boat on time. Driver was waiting for us, and took us straight back to the hotel

Highly recommended!

3 Thank Myriamsirel
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Keep detailed receipts, don't both if you have any kind of impairment either”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Scammed into paying for a "Private Car' when we arrived in Bali from Gili - only buses were available and very rude staff at Padang Mai (sp?) Harbour. The Ocean Star Express staff when we were leaving Gili assured us that it would all be sorted, however when I asked for receipt and contact details of the driver they refused to give them too me.

Extremely rude staff at Padang Mai.

To get onto the boat, you need to "jump" onto the opposite end to how you enter the boat, then scale across a 20cm walkway on the side of the boat. V. Dangerous.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Visited March 2013
1 Thank fletchus
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An awful ferry 'Ocean Star'.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a rather unpleasant incident traveling with «Ocean Star» last December.
I intended to make a ferry trip from Bali to Gili Meno island where I had booked a hotel. On one of the Bali beaches I booked the trip with the representatives of «Ocean Star» who assured me that the ferry was going directly from Bali to Gili Meno.
However, on the day of the trip I found out that the ferry was going only up to the island of Gili Trawangan. Nonetheless, a representative of another tourist company assured me I could easily find a ferry from Gili-T to Gili Meno (which is rather secluded). Arriving at Gili-T, I was very unpleasantly surprised by the fact that there was only one ferry going to Gili Meno per day, which didn’t suit me because it was too late and my agreement with the hotel would have been cancelled by that time.
Thus I was left with the choice: either to stay at Gili-T (which I actively didn’t like) or to return to Bali and try to find a hotel there having paid for practically nothing, even worse – I paid for a whole day full of nervousness, phone calls and running around the Gili-T bay.
On top of it the «Ocean Star» had tried to convince me to buy a return ticket. Had I done so, I wouldn’t have been able even to return to Bali on that very day and would have been trapped on Gili-T.
If there was something else that could add to my feeling of disappointment, it was the news that tickets in «Marina» (another local ferry firm) proved to be considerably cheaper and the assistants were generally friendlier.
By the way, «Ocean Star» practically refused to give me back my packet with food which I left in the boat. Had it not been for the «Marina» staff, I wouldn't have seen my bag again – though when I got it at last, some food was evidently missing!
The impression left from my dealing with «Ocean Star» was that they were constantly trying to deceive me. I am afraid it is the only kind of «business» the people from “Ocean Star” know properly.

Visited December 2012