“Family with 3 children”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean Star Express
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ocean star to go to Gilli's islands very nice
Rooms available and not expensive
Nice restaurants with fishes
No problems with this company

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I guess we all Lived different experiences with this company.
Hopefully mine was pleasant.
Paid 500 000 Rupiah return for two (instead of the 1million 200 asked for Tourists).
My price was really really surprising! As we were announced 600,000 rupiah the day before. We have booked in Sanur (in a tourist information place) there are many but discuss the price and take it down as much as you can.

Driver came to our hotel on time. Took us to PadangBai and then we took the Ocean Star fast boat.
I heared so many stories about the boat being full, accidents....but mine was amazing.
We were few, travelled quietly, they even gave us water.
And the return was amazing as well. Fast boat on time. Driver was waiting for us, and took us straight back to the hotel

Highly recommended!

3  Thank Myriamsirel
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Scammed into paying for a "Private Car' when we arrived in Bali from Gili - only buses were available and very rude staff at Padang Mai (sp?) Harbour. The Ocean Star Express staff when we were leaving Gili assured us that it would all be sorted, however when I asked for receipt and contact details of the driver they refused to give them too me.

Extremely rude staff at Padang Mai.

To get onto the boat, you need to "jump" onto the opposite end to how you enter the boat, then scale across a 20cm walkway on the side of the boat. V. Dangerous.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

1  Thank fletchus
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a rather unpleasant incident traveling with «Ocean Star» last December.
I intended to make a ferry trip from Bali to Gili Meno island where I had booked a hotel. On one of the Bali beaches I booked the trip with the representatives of «Ocean Star» who assured me that the ferry was going directly from Bali to Gili Meno.
However, on the day of the trip I found out that the ferry was going only up to the island of Gili Trawangan. Nonetheless, a representative of another tourist company assured me I could easily find a ferry from Gili-T to Gili Meno (which is rather secluded). Arriving at Gili-T, I was very unpleasantly surprised by the fact that there was only one ferry going to Gili Meno per day, which didn’t suit me because it was too late and my agreement with the hotel would have been cancelled by that time.
Thus I was left with the choice: either to stay at Gili-T (which I actively didn’t like) or to return to Bali and try to find a hotel there having paid for practically nothing, even worse – I paid for a whole day full of nervousness, phone calls and running around the Gili-T bay.
On top of it the «Ocean Star» had tried to convince me to buy a return ticket. Had I done so, I wouldn’t have been able even to return to Bali on that very day and would have been trapped on Gili-T.
If there was something else that could add to my feeling of disappointment, it was the news that tickets in «Marina» (another local ferry firm) proved to be considerably cheaper and the assistants were generally friendlier.
By the way, «Ocean Star» practically refused to give me back my packet with food which I left in the boat. Had it not been for the «Marina» staff, I wouldn't have seen my bag again – though when I got it at last, some food was evidently missing!
The impression left from my dealing with «Ocean Star» was that they were constantly trying to deceive me. I am afraid it is the only kind of «business» the people from “Ocean Star” know properly.

8  Thank 948421_948
See more reviews
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just got back from Gili Trawangan today. Used Ocean Star Express for the return trip from Legian to Gili T and back to Ubud. I paid substantially less than the internet and brochure price of 1,200,000 IDR. Other than being 30 minutes late picking us up from our hotel in Legian, they were great. Some people stupidly decided to ride on the top on the return trip even though we had been warned the seas were rough. Ten minutes into the trip water began to spray over the top of the boat and the people on the top got soaked as well as their bags they took with them. Then they had to come down, wet and slippery in the rough seas. I'm sure many will complain they should not have allowed them up there and should have stopped the boat but I guess the crew thought if they were stupid enough to go up there when the seas were rough, they would let them. Be warned, the half of the trip closest to Gili T and Lombok is the roughest. Do not go on top until you see how rough the sea is going to be.

3  Thank Radarmansydney