My fiance and I booked our honeymoon stay at the Griya Santrian. We arrived late on a Thursday night and got married on the Saturday. We had carried out extensive research to make sure we got the best hotel/ resort within our budget (the Griya Santrian prices are much more reasonable than other hotels and this alarmed us a little!!)
This hotel is just perfect and comprises of blocks of no more than two stories throughout the large grounds of the hotel, joined together by pathways through beautiful gardens. All around you are ornate doorways, statues and water features, and it's particularly lovely at night with the lanterns all lit.
The rooms are large and spacious and spotlessly clean, cleaned every day. Bottled water is provided. The bathrooms are a fair size, again spotlessly clean although the water pressure isn't that good in the shower. We arrived to our bed decorated with petals and bathtub full of petals. The staff were all very very friendly and willing to help.
On the first day we sat around the big pool (which does get a little crowded) and I went for a swim. Fortunately i chose to wear my white bikini that day. after i had swum I noticed that my bikini had gone a rather odd colour, tinged with green! I went back to the room straight away to wash it and change, and then i suddenly thought i had better wash my hair. As i was rinsing it, all green colour was coming out ! Had i have worn a black bikini i may have ended up with green hair (as did several other guests at the hotel!!) I imagine a little too much of some chemical was put into the pool.
Because of this, on the second day we tested out the small garden pool by leaving a white facecloth in the water. However we would highly recommend the garden pool. It is a gorgeous spot, it has a jacuzzi up the steps, it has a gorgeous thatched gazebo with lovely table and chairs, overlooking the pool, where we sat and had lunch each day feeling we were in the lap of absolute luxury. We only ate at the hotel at lunchtimes, where i'd recommend the pizzas which are fabulous.
During the evening you will be absolutely spoiled for choice, as you walk along the long lantern lit path on the beach and encounter restaurant after restaurant all with candle lit tables actually ON the beach , with a refreshing sea breeze. There are many cheaper restaurants on the main road, and although they all looked very nice, i'd rather pay extra for the beach location than be on a busy main street. The local cuisine was wonderful and i'd particularly recommend the Nasi Goreng which was a combination dish, and the spring rolls were amazing, and the best was at the Hotel Taverna - at their beach restaurant which has red coloured table cloths.
Our Wedding day was perfect and we had our first dance on the beach to a live band playing cover versions of Boyzone and other stuff !! I'd highly recommend Romantic Weddings.com who organised a fabulous wedding at a brilliant price, and Ayuk was our wedding co ordinator.
all in all a fabulous trip and no complaints about anything (just be firm with the women who follow you to ask you to come and look in their shop! they all apparently have English names "mary, Lisa" etc, and some can be very persistent, following you and waiting outside any other shop you visit until you've finished, this only happened to us once though).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur, Bali