We moved to Sanur after staying 3 days in Kuta because the atmosphere is more peaceful and the place is a good base for exploring the island’s south and for a day trip to Ubud.
We actually stayed at this hotel twice, leaving our main luggage at reception between stays for 3 days, while we travelled to north Bali (Lovina / Singaraja) to see the dazzling Sekumpul waterfalls. We also visited the Git Git falls in the north and then went to Padang Bai on the east coast from where we crossed over to Lombok for 2 days.
Both times we had a room in the garden wing, the first time in a villa with a verandah by the pool and the second time a room with a large balcony at the first floor overlooking the main garden pool (all buildings on the compound have only 2 levels). Both rooms were spacious and immaculately clean and had sizeable bathrooms but we liked the second one more.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was very good and served al fresco in an open pavilion directly by the beach and shoreside pool. Those without breakfast included can pay “à la carte” or opt for the more expensive buffet. There are of course cheaper breakfast options outside on the main street, but without the gorgeous views.
The hotel is just a short walk from Sanur's main road (Jalan Tamblingan) with its countless shops, restaurants and money changers. One of Sanur’s best restaurants, the Kayu Manis, is within walking distance from the hotel.
We loved the picture-perfect beach setting of this hotel and its vast tropical garden running down straight to the beach. One of the garden pavilions has Internet-connected PCs for guests, while another pavilion is home to an art gallery. WiFi is good in the lobby and main pavilion but was spotty in our rooms. There are 3 swimming pools on the compounds, of which the beachside one has a bar and is the busiest. The other 2 pools are more private, and sometimes you can have any of the 2 garden pools all for yourself !
Balinese are passionate about tropical gardens. The Griya Santrian is a perfect example: its well maintained grounds are beautifully landscaped and could serve as inspiration for nature or fashion photographers. There are orchids, lotuses, heliconias, anthuriums, bromeliads and other tropical plants, apart from the tall palm trees – you could spend hours with close-up photography on the compounds.
Overall, a relaxing and very enjoyable stay. Will gladly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur, Bali