Despite the advice of a friend that Sanur is for 'the newlywed or nearly dead' we love staying on this side of the island. The beaches are tranquil and the boardwalk adds a very Thailand-esque feel. Also, it's one of those locations that allows you to wander out onto the street and do some great shopping, eating and drinking without the obligatory awfulness of endless Starbucks and fast food chains. The view to the volcano in the north, the east of the island and across to nusa penida and nusa lembongan in the mornings over breakfast were spectacular.
The Griya was undergoing some renovations during our stay in late March/early April 2013 but apart from some noise on day one we weren't inconvenienced. This hotel has three pools, however the pick of the litter is the main pool closest to the beach as you are literally 30 odd metres from the gently lapping surf. Embrace your time here by enjoying some cold beers whilst sunbaking or watching the world go by at the boardwalk seating. If I could go back today I would sit on those boardwalk seats with a beer and a good book and be very content.
We have two young children (4yrs and 18 mths) so chose to stay in a Santrian Suite for the extra room. This proved useful but the rooms were located closest to the street so the beach pool was maybe a 2-3 min walk. I'd recommend staying in the rooms closer to the beach as they have a nicer garden outlook.
The beach pool is very kid friendly with a special shallow area right next to some seating. Our 4yr old boy sold literally spend hours in there having the best time.
The photos we took of the beach sun beds and boardwalk areas are like postcards! Definitely worth a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur, Bali