We stayed at the Griya Santrian for 7 days at the end of May/ beginning of June. We stayed in the garden rooms which we thought were basic and dated for the price. I understand the rooms in the middle area and closer to the beach have been refurbished and do look much nicer.
The grounds in the hotel were very beautiful, old architecture and lots of greenery - it was a calming atmosphere. Out of the three pools, we spent most time at the garden pool - it was the most relaxing. The middle pool was nice but had construction right next to it and the beach pool got quite busy.
The beach was nice and well maintained. The sun beds were very popular and it was always quite busy. The beach is not among the best I have seen in Asia but it was pleasant.
We did not opt for the breakfast in the hotel and often got breakfast from the bakery on the main road. We did however have lunch at the hotel quite often - it was nice and not too expensive.
Sanur is a very nice relaxed part of Bali. Good restaurants which are reasonably priced. As you come onto the main road from the hotel there are 4 or 5 decent places to eat, the 'Three Monkeys' was among our favourites. The bars have a good atmosphere and there is an abundance of live music.
The staff were friendly and pleasant however I feel they could have been a lot more helpful and there is definately room for improvement in that aspect.
The spa in the hotel grounds was great - I had a pedicure and a traditional balinese massage which was lovely.
All in all - beautiful grounds, average rooms (in the garden pool area) and room for improvement with teh staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur, Bali