“Fantastic!”

Ghent, Belgium
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a great experiance in Tandjung Sari in Sanur,
the staff is excellent, food is great and not that expensive compared to local restaurants,
villa's are great, have a lot of space and a very nice and romantic bathroom. Even outdoor private garden is a nice place to relax with a good book and a cup of thea.
There are only 32 villa's available and it al feels very calm and relaxing.
We had a wonderfull and romantic experance, it felt like we had a second honeymoon.

Room Tip: Even their standard villa is great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just spent a few nights at Tandjung Sari in a village bungalow and I'm sad to only be giving it mixed reviews. I absolutely loved my bungalow; it had a gorgeous terrazzo tub, an outdoor shower, a big beautiful bed and the air conditioning was quiet enough that I could still hear the birds. The beach, pool and restaurant areas were nice with plenty of places to sit in the sun or shade. There also didn't seem to be any competition for beach loungers which was a nice surprise!

Unfortunately the service at the hotel was nothing to write home about. Upon arriving we were not met with any smiles or eye contact, just a perfunctory 'Welcome to Tandjung Sari' followed by the news that our room was not ready (despite arriving after the suggest arrival time...) Subsequent interactions with the staff, mainly in the restaurant, suggested that they needed a few lessons on customer service. It took forever to have an order taken and at times the orders never arrived. I know this is minor but the bar staff also never came out to take orders from the people on the beach - even if we had empty glasses.

If the service improves than I would happily return to Tandjung Sari, I will always have fond memories of that lovely bungalow!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had 5 days at Tandjung Sari after our flight was cancelled, and it was a lovely experience. We stayed in a garden bungalow, and adored everything about it: its Balinese authenticity, the antique tiles, the enormous pink bathtub, the outdoor mandi, the beautiful gardens and the private bale. Service was thoughtful and friendly, yet unobtrusive, and always helpful, for example letting me use the office computer, at no charge, to print and scan documents for the insurance company. The food was delicious, the beach and lap pool beautiful. I particularly liked the small, unique touches...the sarong and nightshirt, the palm leaf hat, and the night- time turn down service which saw our sarongs and nightshirts delightfully folded on the end of the bed. This is not a hotel for you if you are looking for slick, modern, flat screen tv, 5 star, swim up bar Bali. But if you like a gracious antique, you will like Tandjung Sari.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darwinflashpacker
Alameda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Following a bad fall on a slippery sidewalk in Sanur we stayed here for ten nights rather than our planned four. The staff were enormously helpful. Dewa, a front desk manager who retired the week we checked out, conjured up a wheelchair at no charge, an expert masseuse, and excellent aluminum crutches for $35. Breakfast came to my room promptly with no room service charge. The Tandjung Sari has wonderful breakfasts. Staff helped my wife wheel me out for dinner by the beach and get me back in afterwards.

Our bungalow was spacious and comfortable with the largest bathtub I have ever seen. It did take rather long to fill though. A separate outside loge provided a private place to relax outside.

And now for the niggles, two under management's control and two not. Being near the airport there is quite a bit of aircraft noise in the evening, at least until midnight. Being in a party town, one can also hear people in town having fun on some nights until 1.00am.

Other hotels we stayed in provided ample free bottled water. We could not get more than four small bottles a day for love or money. Despite the excellent food, dinner service was unpredictable. One evening we had to wait almost an hour for our meal to come despite a multitude of young staff wandering seemingly aimlessly around.

Had I night been injured I would probably have shrugged this off. Tanjung Sari is fine for a couple of nights to see Sanur and be close to the airport, but I would not voluntarily stay longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved this hotel from the first moment we stepped out of the taxi. I can't even call it a hotel, because the lodging is in individual bungalows. I just wanted to stay in my little piece of paradise snuggled up into my private bale with a good book and enjoy the serenity, but the wonderful public area along the boulevard overlooking the ocean beckoned me away. And the private outdoor shower in the little courtyard won my heart and made me wish I could have one at home. This property will not be for everyone as some of the bungalows are a little dated, but we are already discussing a return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a beautiful stay in one of the beachfront villas, with own garden and terrace, and from the first floor room overlooking the palm trees, beach, corals and sea. Very nice and friendly service from early morning breakfast to late night bar. Very good breakfast with many choices of your own, and generally high standards of food and drinks. This is a resort where you really feel relaxed and as close to paradise as you can get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria Point, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Tandjung Sari is a gorgeous hotel with so much of the olde world of Bali still on offer, but with some of the modern touches as well.
The rooms are a little tired, but they are clean and well maintained. Tea and coffee making fascilities are not always available in some Bali Hotels, (or in fact quite a few hotels around the world) but they are available here.
The food is wonderful, the staff absolutely superb, the pool and gardens well maintained and gorgeous. Shopping in the gift shop here was a delight, what they didn't have for us they got by the next day and all was of good quality and just that little bit different.
Been to Sanur many times, this year the first time at the Tandjung Sari in January, but going back again next January. It has become our hotel of choice in Bali now.

Room Tip: Aim for a room down near the beach if possible. Private and the sound of the waves wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple