“A perfect boutique hotel in Sanur” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamukami Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tamukami Hotel
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
“A perfect boutique hotel in Sanur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Tamukami Hotel from 12 Aug to 15 Aug.
It was the last stop of our 16 days vacation and it finished our perfect vacation with top grades.

It is a small hotel, a way from the busy road and the many people at the beach.
The surroundings at the hotel are stunning, plants, pool, trees etc. are perfectly put together, in order to make it a feeling of having your own home.

They also have a really really great restaurant at the hotel, called Alice's restaurant.
As the hotel is situated away from the main road, not many people come to the restaurant and that is a pity (for the owner of it), but for us it was perfect.
We had really great local food and the best balinese ristjaffel in whole Bali.

So pls. go there to support the owners.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Johansen82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is great and nicely set back from the noisy road. The rooms are lovely and spacious although my upstairs room (405) only had half a view to the garden and the other half to the roof of the rooms next door. The gardens are lovely although maybe a little bit claustrophobic. The breakfast was only average with a very limited al a carte choice. I found all the stairs - at the entrance and up to the room - quite steep and even though I am relatively fit, I found them not that easy to go up and down with my luggage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Passepartout55
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 days in this hotel! Rooms are huge and really clean! The hotel is not too big and very well located! A place to recommend!! The team is very friendly and really keen to help in any conditions!

• Stayed August 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The location of the Tamukami Hotel is a winner as it is set back from the main street so is quiet but also close to everything. The rooms are located facing around the large pool which is beautifully landscaped. The whole hotel and gardens are well cared for and the two rooms we stayed in were spacious and well equipped. We felt the bathrooms were a little tired and needed some TLC.
My only gripe was the quality of the breakfasts. Without too much trouble extra touches such as dishes of good quality jam and better quality fruit would have made it a much more satisfying experience. The host and hostess are very hands on and made sure we enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerringong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have stayed here twice now for a couple of nights at the end of our Bali holidays. Nice way to end the trip rather than head back to the madness of Legian. Hotel is set in beautiful gardens with all rooms facing the pool. Staff are great and the rooms are very clean. Bathrooms are a little dated. The restaurant is also good and they have live bands a few nights a week, however we prefer to go for a wander and try out different places for lunch and dinner. The hotel is in the centre of Sanur and although it is not on the beach you can cut throught a vacant block not far from the hotel to get to the beach and all the restaurants that line it. Would stay here again and I recommend it to friends often. We always have late checkout and go to the airport straight from here. Works well.

Room Tip: The 2 ground floor rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet and private. There are no rooms above yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

During my 3 night stay here, my mum celebrated her birthday. I had emailed the hotel back in January to inform of this and they offered a cake for her. It was a generous offer, but upon informing them of her gluten intolerance they instead offered a complimentary 3 course meal for her. The night we were eating at the hotel, a band was playing which made for a great atmosphere. I asked the waitress if they could put birthday candles in my mums dessert so we could sing happy birthday and I was informed that this was already planned and the band was also informed so they played happy birthday for my mum. I didn't have to lift a finger, the staff went above and beyond to make mums birthday special and we had a great time. We really enjoyed our stay and send a big thank you to the staff and owners. They all do a fantastic job. A great hotel in a great location, one I would definitely return to without hesitation.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AnnaMichelleH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I spent 3nights at the Tamukami and loved every moment.The greeting when we arrived was warm and welcoming,our room was bright,very spacious,very clean and with a huge bathroom,very comfy beds and not a sound to be heard at night.Breakfast was included,and was cooked to order,with a good choice and large servings,and the coffee was great.the pool is gorgeous with enough sun lounges and nice sized towels.I celebrated my birthday while we were there,and was given a complimentary 3 course meal and the band sang to me !It was a fun night -and a lovely surprise as I wasn't expecting it!You would have to be very fussy to find fault with this treasure as it is true value and we have already booked 2 more stays here!CAnt wait to return!Thankyou TAmukami for making us so welcome-we were indeed guests and not just tourists bringing in a dollar!Our next stays will be longer!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family