“Fantastic staff and atmosphere”
Review of The Griya Sanur

The Griya Sanur
Ranked #76 of 141 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We arrived on 21st January for our 10 day stay. We can honestly say we have never felt so welcome. As it was out of season we appeared to have the hotel and pool to ourselves all the time. The food was amazing and the staff were wonderful, so friendly and trying to please at all time. Our room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels left out, tea, coffee etc was also re stocked. If you want a beach holiday this is not for you, unless you walk or use the shuttle bus, but it was perfect for us as we love walking/exploring. We would definitely recommend this hotel, and will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank BevAndyOttaway

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel and I enjoyed my stay there. This hotel is new, modern and very clean! The staff is very nice and we enjoyed our stay we went back for 4 days in this hotel after traveling the city and we were really happy.

You can Booking eyes closed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank K-Kwette
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked online through wotif and was a bit apprehensive when approaching the hotel from the airport. There are a lot of roadworks happening in Denpasar at moment, and main road Sanur is part of it. This hotel is on the main road and at least only a short drive from airport. I have to say I was happily relieved once on the property. The Griya is quite new and they are still getting a few final touches done. There was no guest info folder in the room. But front staff, Komang and Sarini were terrific and helpful. The restaurant layout is great and the food at dinner was exceptional. The breakfast buffet was well prepared, but a bit sparse. I only ot to one breakfast though, the bed was so comfortable that I had no intention of rising early. Access to nightlife is a short taxi ride to Danau Tamblingan in Sanur, and even the main drags in Kuta and Legian are not too far. I found Griya was worth every rupiah of the online price from other comparable places I have been to. Access was my only disappointment and for that you pay much more elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have better access to restaurant and lobby, but nothing very far as only small hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank WestAustMicko
Reviewed November 5, 2012

the best place to stay beautiful people and beach clean town....shopping perfect,,,,,just love been 5 times and my daughter getting married there in 2014 but we are all going back nesxt to book it....carnt wait when i leave it so sad the people a so nice.......................

Room Tip: ask for deluxe beach room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dory3
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice pool, clean rooms, great price, well decorated rooms, friendly staff. There is shuttle buss to the beach & sanur area. This is a new hotel so everything is new, great value of money. Every room has pool view. I stayed for 2 nights, definitely will go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JakartaEva
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Really nice small modern hotel, only 26 rooms and everywhere very clean. Beds large and lovely crisp white cotton sheets. Bathroom spacious and modern shower with powerful hot water, brilliant. Patio doors overlooking the pool. Well stocked mini fridge, and tea & coffee facilities, free wifi. Food is cooked to order and on the whole good, closes at 10pm but McDonald's deliver!
Town and beach approxamitly 45min walk although hotel run a free shuttle service. If you flag a taxi down will only cost around £1. Although on the main road and very busy i never heard any traffic.
The pool is very clean and one depth, could do with some more sun beds. Although hotel was not busy when I was there lots of people only staying for a few nights. Most of the staff were very helpful, polite, and willing to help.
Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ryanmegan123
Reviewed September 1, 2012

First time to Asia and the staff at The Griya Sanur ensured that I will definitely go back again. 3* rated hotel, but, 5* service. Could not have been looked after any better by the staff. Always pleasant, helpful, good to seek advice and information. Food was lovely, the room was maybe smaller than expected, but, very comfortable, free WiFi in the room, bed very comfortable and slept like a baby even though the hotel is right next to a busy road. Do shuttle runs daily from the hotel to the beach or centre of Sanur and they pick you up at request. One day they forgot to pick me up, mentioned that I had to get a taxi back and they reimbursed me the taxi fare, was not expecting that. one night had to ask for a doctor, they had a doctor on the phone with me within 10 minutes and within another 10 minutes the doctor and nurse were knocking on my room door. Staff even asked if I was feeling better. Pool, looked slightly small, but, didn't go down to it, so, can't really comment. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Laundry service excellent and at very reasonable price, depending on time you may get it back same day or following day. Room was always immaculate when I'd get back in the evening. The only down side, would maybe be the location, only 5-10 minutes to the centre of Sanur & beach in the car. Can be walked, about 40 minutes (depending how much you've drunk), taxi fare from Sanur centre to hotel only costs about $2. Even impressed with the manager chipping in and helping clearing tables in the restaurant. Great price for a great service. Would I go back to Sanur? Yes. Would I stay at the Griya Sanur? Most definitely! Would I recommend this hotel to others? Absolutely! Some 5* hotels would be pushed to match the service!

Room Tip: Always try and hagle when shopping, especially on the seafront stalls. Also try the Discovery Plaza...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo