“My favourite place in Sanur and Ubud”

Three Monkeys Sanur
Ranked #38 of 454 Restaurants in Sanur
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The contemporary menu melds modern Indonesian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cultures and cuisine. Old family recipes inspire dishes like the hearty Prawn Saganaki and Yaya's Moussaka, Indonesian flavors are represented in the Pepes Ikan Tengirri (fish cooked in banana leaves), and the richly spiced Beef Rendang, while exotic Arabian influences infuse the Turkish style pide topped with feta, roast garlic, olives and tomato harissa. Ubud favorites include the famous wood fired gourmet pizza, and a decadent selection of Kali's sensational cakes and pastries
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've been going to Three Monkeys in Ubud for years and haven't been disappointed yet. Sanur cafe is as good and offers upstairs air con dining which was a welcome relief in high humidity. The avocado and bacon salad was fresh and a lovely change from 2 weeks of Indo food. They also have a terrific cake and coffee range. I'll be back tomorrow for buckwheat and banana pancakes for breakfast.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

After all the good recommendations we went there for a good Pizza. The price is over 150% compared to many restaurants around, but the food is not even average with small portions, though I wouldn't call it bad. Just an example: It'd been exactly 6 pcs. Ravioli on the plate for 59.000 IDR + 15% service and tax (while many places only call for 10%). Also the pizza was far away from being excellent.

Only the service was really good and welcoming. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend it at all as it's not worth the price you're paying there.

1  Thank funatic1976
Reviewed January 8, 2014

One of few consistently good restaurants on Bali, so often on the second or third visit something is wrong, service or food has deteriorated, but not here, its great every time but more that that, an incident happened yesterday which could have spoilt the evening, but I have to say from the server at the table right through to the manager and owner the situation was so wonderfully handled I forgot that I was on this Island of Bali where I live full-time, Never and I mean NEVER have I experienced the care and concern, and the putting right within 15 minutes the situation that happened that evening, full marks to The 3 Monkey's and poor show for most of the other restaurants on the island who through experience would have failed miserably in similar circumstances.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited the Sanur branch of Three Monkeys after having two great meals in their Ubud restaurant, and we were not disappointed. We went on Christmas Day and had our pick of the tables as we had booked early. The food looked stunning and tasted even better; I had the lamb rack which was cooked to perfection, we also ordered many of the smaller dishes - from which there was so much choice. The staff were attentive and courteous, and the food was brought out at just the right time. Would definitely recommend here for a quick afternoon lunch or a romantic evening meal. Thank you!

2  Thank mrww79
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stopped for lunch and was not disappointed great choice of food and food was great, would definitely recommend it.