“Amazing amazing”

Sudamala Suites & Villas
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here in august 2012. What a amazing place!! Lovely hidden gem, I think one of the best hotel in Bali. Staff are so friendly and nice, all of them!! The other negatives is the restaurant. The food was not so great and very small dishes. This resort is really good for couples, it is a very quiet and relaxing place. In the evening the restaurant should be around the gorgerous pool at the hotel instead of in front of the road, it would be perfect. You have to try the spa, very nice!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ab_trom

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I can't say enough great things about this place. My husband and I have stayed all over the world and this hotel stands out as one of the very best,

The rooms are magnificent. Very in keeping with the Balinese motif/theme (the front doors ares stunning) but the rooms are equipped with all the modern conveniences and comforts that we are used to and enjoy having when we travel. These things are just handled artfully so you don't notice them and they don't stand out. For example, the outdoor shower is both very beautiful and very functional. I did not feel that we had to sacrifice any comfort or pleasure for authenticity.

The pool is gorgeous and I had a very wonderful midnight swim. We enjoyed the spa.
The restaurant had great music, fun chairs and we were able to sit and watch the world go by on the street. And the tables were set far enough back so we had some privacy.

The staff is incredibly helpful. The standouts were the manager Monica and one of the trainees Putri. We were very high maintenance during our stay; and they both, as well as the entire staff were extremely gracious and professional. We will never ever forget our wonderful stay at the Sudamala.

You really really need to stay here.

3  Thank kristinehanna
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hote,l everything is brand new, room very spacious beds and pillow super comfy. We had a garden view room with a nice outdoor area with its own Balinese cabana. In typical Balinese fashion staff are fantastic. Breakfast is also very good.

Only negatives would be the resturant for meals is not so great, serving sizes are small and quality is not so good compared to other options in the area. Also while the pool area is fantastic they would need more pool chairs if it was busy. Because its new the hotel was not so busy, however of it was close to its maximum capacity room by the
pool would be limited. Considering the hotel is not on the beach this would be a problem.

However these are things that can easily be fixed and the over all standard of this hotel is very high.

Also there is a" locals" resturant straight across the road ( not sure of the name) from the hotel, the food is great and super cheap about 10usd for food and a couple of beers. We ate there 5 or 6 times with no issues.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jch69
Sudamala R, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review and comments. We truly appreciate your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sudamala Suites & Villas, and that our team members did a wonderful job to meet your expectations and make your stay more comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with them and their supervisors.

I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had in our restaurant. We strive to provide the best possible service and quality to our guests and I will address your concerns with our food and beverage department.

We have added the number of pool chairs and have also encourage guests to enjoy our reserved beach area just 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your comments, which will help us improve our services.

We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay at Sudamala Suites & Villas and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Sudamala Suites & Villas
Jl. Sudamala No.20, Sanur, Bali 80227, Indonesia

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We've just returned from staying at the Sudamala. It was one of the best resorts we've stayed in. We had a room overlooking the pool; the beds and pillows are fabulous. Each night the staff come in to turn down your bed, place slippers on each side and leave chocolates on the pillow. The staff are friendly and helpful. This resort is really good for couples. Probably not for families as it's quiet. A great place to unwind. Would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Would recommend a studio suite
2  Thank mcauleyb
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Gorgeous retreat in the middle of Sanur.

Beautiful rooms! the details of the room and the indoor-outdoor style bathroom is exquisite.

Location is great and the free 2-hour bike rental is also a very nice addition.

I accidentally left a small pendant from my necklace and the staff found it and sent it back to me in Jakarta.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank mmmzzziii
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I love this hotel from the moment I got here. My room looks even better in real life than on picture. The room has a king size bed (very comfortable) with four large pillows, fresh fruits on the table and outdoor shower. Every Monday and Friday there's yoga class. I joined the one Friday at 8 am. The yoga teacher was fantastic!! It I go back to sanur, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Love it!

1  Thank Diep N
Reviewed July 12, 2012

On my second visit recently, the staff welcomed me like an old friend who's come back to stay with them. I love staying in hotels but few make me want to linger like the Sudamala. I could rave about all the little touches they've put in to gently introduce Balinese art and culture to the foreigner - the naming of rooms after Balinese dances, the colourful wood doors, the paintings by local artists - but it is really the gracious yet we-can-do-anything-you-ask-for service that calms the mind and charms the spirit. Just tell the super efficient operations manager Ria that you're celebrating something special, and she'll arrange a romantic dinner in the courtyard with your choice of menu. And it won't cost you an arm and a leg either. If you're looking for padi fields to walk in after breakfast, she'll make sure the driver knows where to take you. Fancy art that is a tad more contemporary than the usual Kamasan style? Visit the onsite art gallery. Or Ria will arrange a tour of artist studios in Sanur or Ubud. She hasn't been able to get a vanity mirror into my bathroom yet - I suggested it on my first stay - but i suppose few people worry about their appearance in the island of gods. I wasn't by the time I left.

Room Tip: Courtyard suites have open showers, their own pavilions and great Balinese art work on the bedroom w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo