“Safe & Reliable Diving , delvered with excellent customer service.”
Review of D Scuba Club

D Scuba Club
More attraction details
Owner description: D Scuba Club is a scuba dive center located in Sanur, Bali, Indonesia. We aim to combine the best qualities of a dive center and a dive club. As a dive center, we are committed to providing the best service and the most professional courtesy. As a dive club, we promise to give you our unbiased recommendations and sincere friendliness, as well as value-added club membership benefits.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Hi,
The Club was recommended to me by a Balinese Co-worker, who is also a recreational diver. D Scuba Club is run by British Management, with highly skilled and intelligent local staff and guides. There is a great deal of local knowledge on Diving sites, top quality kit and infrastructure for those travelling lighter, and very favourable diving rates and priveledges as a member of the club. I am looking forward to many opportunities to benefit from the club activities (memebership was free with my first dive booking ) during my assignment in Indonesia, And would recommend , anyone thinking about tuition or a Diving program in Bali to get in touch with them for advice and expertise. Remote communications were very easy via e-Mail and phone and everything smooth as silk throughout the process.

Regards
PNG

divewench, Owner at D Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

We really enjoyed meeting with you and your family during your time in Bali, and look forward to many more diving visits in the future.

Thanks for your glowing review of our dive centre.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I can't begin to say enough nice things about D Scuba.

My partner and I were itching for some delicious compressed air, so after much hankering on my part, we decided to go to Bali. One of our diver friends had previously dove with the owner Erwin on a separate occasion, and she recommended we dive with him. I had some reservations initially, seeing as the operation is relatively new and I've a tendency to go with what ranks well on Tripadvisor, but my partner dove with Aquamarine (ranked 1) a couple of years back and as ambivalent - not impressed - about his experience, so I went along, and I'm thoroughly glad I did.

Weeks before our trip, we were already discussing through email the planned itinerary. Partner and I are quite demanding - we usually like to cover a lot during our vacations. We gave Erwin all the dive sites we wanted to dive, ranging from the top east of Bali, Tulamben, to Padang Bai, all the way to Nusa Penida. All we had to do was tell him what we wanted to do, and he arranged everything from transport right down to lodging. He gave us the prices right from the start so we knew what to expect; there was no hidden or additional charges when we got there. Moreover, he gave us such great package prices - 3 diving days, 5 days worth of lodging, and all around transport to and fro, for less than US$500 each.

What's more important was the service they provided. When you dive with them, you get an automatic membership that gives you a discount for future dives. They even gave us t-shirts, which was nice. They really spoilt us too - we never had to carry our gear and mess with the cumbersome stuff; we could really just dive and enjoy the diving. Apart from that, we had our own Divemaster to the both of us -- when you dive in places like Bali, where the currents are unpredictable and people actually die every diving season, you'd want a local guide with heaps of experience who knows the sites, the currents, the sea life - everything. Menyun is one such guide. He's utterly jovial and patient, never overbearing and haughty (unlike most DMs), and very very humble. The guy is amazing both underwater and on land. I never thought I'd dive sites like Crystal Bay because of the death count (I'm terrified), but as a testament to his capabilities, he warned us when there was a downcurrent and to change our course. Not to mention his keen eye for macro stuff that brought to our attention things only a guide with over 14 years of diving experience in these waters could notice. He never once rushed us, and gave us the maximum bottom time we could safely have.

All in all, I had an absolutely wonderful experience diving with them in Bali. I've dove with outfits all around the world and they by far, have been the best. It makes me excited to return to Bali, and when I do, I'd definitely dive with them again.

2  Thank Gingerbreadoll
Reviewed January 18, 2012

D-ScubaClub is a highly recommended dive operator: experienced and qualified dive guide with safety first motto, responsive in communication and high quality gears.
Two thumbs up for D-ScubaClub.
Below I've attached the photos of Mola-mola and Manta Ray we found during my dive with D-ScubaClub :)

Erwin K, Manager at D Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

So glad to hear that we ticked all the boxes during your recent dive with us, and nice photos too!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

we have been in sanur, bali and were looking for a dive shop for a fun dive. we found d scube club and it was a perfect concept of a dive club, new equipment and a experienced introduction to an extraordinary dive experience. very nice staff. we had a private dive at tulamban ship wreck. just 1 dive master and us 2. thanks and absolutaly recommendable

Erwin K, General Manager at D Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Thanks Peter for taking the time to review our Dive Centre. It's great to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your day in Tulamben. Hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Went to dive around Nusa Lembongan with them on June 2011 with friends, for a total of 5 people including Erwin, the guide.

Back then it was pretty new but knowing Erwin, who has years of experience diving especially in Bali & around, I decided to give it a try and went diving with D Scuba.
They certainly didn't let any of us down, the services offered were friendly and professional as expected. It was also my first dive trip after 6 months of vacuum after taking my dive certification so a quick refreshing how-to and safety is definitely a priority.

It wasn't just our luck to meet Mola-mola back then but will absolutely try it with them another time!!

By the way, they also have restaurant next to the dive center which offers great food :)

Erwin K, Manager at D Scuba Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Maybe next time you dive with us we will find you a Mola Mola Charles! See you again soon, and remember to check out the website and D Scuba Club forum for trip and club news.