“"You must dine at Skyblue"”

Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill
Ranked #168 of 433 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Pub, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“"You must dine at Skyblue"”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have eaten in many restaurants when holidaying in Bali and were very impressed with our first visit to Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill. Every aspect of our evening was fantastic. The staff were very attentive, courteous and friendly. Every course was delicious and cooked to perfection. Skyblue is fairly new, but believe me, they will be well known by locals and tourists in no time and bookings will probably be a must :-)
The owners and staff should be very proud of themselves and we look forward to more delicious meals at Skyblue in future.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MyOwnOpinion21

• Indonesian first
Cairns Australia
“A Gem of a restaurant in Sanur”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The service is great, the food is great and the price very realistic. What a little gem the Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill is. Located close to Semawang Beach and a short walk down Jalan Kesuma Sari. Had noticed this bar before but last night ventured inside to taste a sirlion steak. It was fantastic. Hopefully will be returning on Sunday for their roast dinner. Met Stefan Zawada, the owner, nice guy. This is a great place for all the family to eat at.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank SurferJoe47
San Diego, California
“Elegant and Charming Restaurant with Top Notch Food and Service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent several days in Sanur, Bali, and happened to discover Sky Blue while I was walking around one evening looking for a place to eat. Sky Blue is located near the beach and has an extremely welcoming and charming atmosphere to it. The interior is modern, with timber accents, and plenty of color. A full bar with a solid selection of cocktails, wine and beer will make sure that you get your evening started off the right way.

The building is two stories, and is an ideal setting for private parties.When I arrived, the friendly and delightful executive chef, (Stefan Zawada) greeted me at my table to tell me about the specials. He just happened to have a salmon fillet that evening, so I decided to go with that. It wasn't a mistake! I even got to see the boneless, steak before it was prepared for me! Stefan showed me the kitchen, and how they don't even need a walk-in b/c all of the fresh ingredients come in and get eaten up so quick, there's no reason for anything to sit around.

The portion size was great. Often times a high-end restaurant will have you paying an exorbitant price for am amount of food that doesn't quite seem to fit the price. I didn't feel like that applied here. My salmon steak was a great size for one person, and then I had a generous helping of salad and roasted potatoes. I also had a glass of the house wine, and it was a nice compliment without being too expensive of an addition.

I had the pleasure of getting to meet the owner and some of the staff. They're a lovely and eclectic group, and it was really nice to be so well taken care of as a tourist traveling by myself. They made me feel right at home and that was quite special. I can't say enough at this location. They are new right now, but as more people learn about them, reservations are going to become mandatory! I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions, a place to meet a friend for some drinks and conversation at the bar, or even on your own. I'll definitely be visiting Sky Blue again when I make it back to Bali.

• Visited May 2012
Perth, Australia
“Style & Value”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Since recommending this restaurant be added to Trip Advisor when it opened late last year, have been back a number of times, just 1 week ago was the last visit. I have to agree with the previous 3 posts on all accounts. Food, Service, Staff, brilliant.....still not a lot of customers yet, because it is a little out of the way, so mostly word of mouth.
The Regent Hotel is being built next door, and when that is open (the first part of it not too far away), Im thinking reservations will be a necessity after it opens.
I'll be back there in July........Dollar value depends on what you chose to eat, obviously a steak(Australian) is dearer than an Indonesian meal, but a beautifuly cooked rump steak to your exact request, with a really nice salad, will cost less than you can buy a piece here and then have to go home and cook it. And they serve really really cold beer.........

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Luvn_Bali
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Its a fairly new refurbished restaurant with modern lighting and timber features creating a warm ambience. The owner asked us if we would like to inspect the kitchen, which had new stainless steel appliances, specially installed dual water filters and a tidy well maintained layout.
Food was great, well presented and very friendly service.
Highly recommended.