Room was recently refurnished and very pleasant.
The negatives -
- no information or pamphlets available at reception
- made enquiry re cooking class in Sanur and also orphanage we wanted to visit, but there was no information available and staff not interested in checking out for me. I went on the internet and booked both myself. Also had to ask for an information folder for our room (twice) but also not very informative.
- there is a shuttle bus that will take you to Sanur (you have to find your own way back) but in the 5 days we stayed there it was never available, they would however organise a taxi for us.
- you can walk to the beach but you end up at the very end near the swampy area, its about a 10 minute walk to get to the popular section of the beach. Better walking along the main road which is full of shopping and restaurants and then walk through one of the resorts (Mercure) to get to the beach.
- as mentioned in other blogs, the breakfast is pretty ordinary, noodles, rice, scrambled eggs, small sausages and chicken bacon, fruit, croissants and danishes (in plastic bulk packs) - the same every day, not much thought or care taken.
I don't like giving a negative review but at A$115 it was not cheap and we moved (and counted our losses) to other accommodation which turned out to be the complete opposite of the Astana.
This accommodation was booked by our travel agent.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa Sanur, Bali