“Impressive for price brought deal through cudo voucher”

Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa
Ranked #60 of 137 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very well appointed, clean tidy and good feel to the place, A little far out of the main drag of Sanur (approx 10 - 15 minute walk) push bikes available for use made it easier. We also hired a motorcycle which made the trip around Sanur a breeze. Pool and gardens nice, very quiet location. Staff very friendly. I would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank chrisdale1

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Fed up with the hotels of 'traditional Balinese style' I was happy to find myself in this lovely place to spend 4 days with my boyfriend. Brand-new hotel, very clean and modern. The room itself was large and light and contained not only bed, but a sitting area and a kitchenette. There is also a small fridge and a microwave oven. The bathroom is very large and very clean. The bed was one of the best I had ever slept in with bed linen of a very good quality (rarity in Bali) and soft pillows. The room service is very good, they even washed all kitchen utensils after our breakfast that we once cooked in the room.
The only displeasure was not about the hotel, but about very noisy guests who were allowed to splash in the pool late at night. I would recommend to schedule the working hours to visit the pool.
You can rent a bike for free at the hotel, but they just have 2-3 of them, so this is the subject of availability. And they do not have free Internet what disappointed me.
The hotel is a 15-20-minute walk to the beach, so you can either have a walk to the beach, or stay at the hotel by the pool which is rather good. When I was in the room, or stayed on the territory of the hotel I was forgetting that I was in Indonesia, feeling only European comfort and tidiness! Out of all the hotels I stayed at in Bali this one was the best!

Room Tip: You will have more privacy choosing the room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MagnoliaLanglois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

On the positive side the rooms are great - spacious and very clean - and very good value. However, our stay started off on the wrong foot when the driver failed to pick us up from the airport. No explanation, just a shrug, when we followed up. There was confusion over our rooms -- we were given the key pass to our daughter's room (her partner had checked in earlier) and then when he tried to get back into the room his pass wouldn't work. Our daughter had also booked (and paid) a room for her and her partner for the previous evening but unfortunately ended up in hospital - when he arrived later in the evening the room had been reallocated and he had to travel 40-plus minutes to a sister hotel (once again no explanation or apology). When we asked to speak with the manager we were told they were away. Given other positive reviews about the service, I can only assume we struck an inexperienced team.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Lovely apartments nicely tucked away...Room was lovely & spacious, kitchenette was well equipped....A very large bathroom & separate dressing area... Staff were very helpful & friendly at all times.. If you're wanting to stay somewhere quiet, away from the touristy spots then this place is perfect.. Look forward to my next visit....My one & only complaint is about other guests... I travelled with my 6 year old daughter & found a couple of guests to be quite rude. One telling my daughter to shush as she was playing in the pool one afternoon... The other asking my daughter & I not to make so much noise when we were in the pool.. I suggest to those of you who don't like the sound of children enjoying themselves book in to a hotel that is child free!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SnootyFoxWiltshire
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have to say out of the three hotels me and my partner stayed at, this was definitely the cheapest and cleanest hotel. We got a special deal through agoda. It is a tiny bit away from the restaurants but a 10,000 rph, which is the equivalent of $1 auzzie or american dollar, will get you a taxi to shops and eating areas. Nice linen, nice polished floors throughout and very botique.The breakfast is average but nice and consists of fruit, nasi -goreng, Danish or Continental. I loved it. I love Sanur, beats Ubud any-day!!!!

Room Tip: i cant rate fitness centre as i did not use. This is a great place for couple or with couples with k...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fresh, modern design in the rooms. Huge bathroom, as well as a kitchenette. Comfortable, quiet, and secure. Perhaps not the ideal location, but walking distance (or a cheap cab ride) to the center of Sanur. Nice staff. Walking distance to beach. Note that the address listed on agoda is the incorrect house number--but in the same block. Just ask. For the money, you can't beat this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a problem to find the hotel as it was the first hotel we experienced not having a sign at the entrance. So we drove by for three times before asking the security if this might be the Astana. The rooms were not ready, we had to wait until 14.00h but even when the room was ready the staff forgot to inform us and simply let us sit at the breakfast area.

The room itself was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable and the amenities more than adequate. The bathroom was nice and so was the long pool.

What bothered us: The staff seemed not well trained and their scheduling is not what we are used to from other hotels. On the first two days they stood a 09.00h in front of our door and wanted to make the room. The gardener began to work the garden at 06.30h which is ok unless the garden is half a meter away from your non-soundproof balcony door. So was the pool and every move in the water put an end to sleep. The hotel policy said that the pool is closed after 8pm but the staff gave towels to guests even after 10pm and the pool was busy until midnight. During evening hours when we were out for dinner staff entered the room and sprayed mosquito repellent (Baygon or something similar) in the whole room which we really did not appreciate as there are other ways for protections instead of poisoning the air we breeze all night.

Finally we wrecked the cars rear bumper as the palm tree stump at the parking lots grew with an angle and even if you see that there's still space to go through u will hit it as the lower part you cant see is some 30-40 cm nearer to your car than the visible part.

Was it ok for the price we paid? Yes. Would we come back? No.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple