“Very tasty babi guling campur.”
Review of Babi Guling Sanur

Babi Guling Sanur
Ranked #191 of 461 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Located in a little shop off the main road near the traffic light intersection, opposite the McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Didn't seem to be a place where many tourists ventured; observed mostly locals doing takeaway or eating in.

Excellent tasting babi guling campur. Came with various part of the pig, lungs, crispy skini and tender meat and spicy chutneys (for lack of a better word).

Price for two people with drinks was about 75000 rupiah.

1  Thank glitterohwow

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Had Babi Guling twice previously in Ubud. Heard about this famous Babi Guling place in Sanur, but did not have the chance to try. I like the fact that the food is served separately from the rice. The soup is delicious.The crispy pork, which is the highlight, is good. I will rate this shop the best of my personal three experiences thus far. One sidenote, In most Asian cities (Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, etc), when one thinks about roast pork rice, it usually comes in literally just roast pork + rice and nothing else. Based on my personal experience, in Bali, this does not seem to be the case. Although Babi Guling is roast pork, when you order Babi Guling in Bali, the standard order will come in a plate of mixed goodies and you will only get a piece of roast pork. Usually, we will try to get the stall owner to sell us a special portion of just roast pork, to satisfy our appetite.

1  Thank kwoong
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband wanted to try Babi Guling and we went at around 5pm to this place. It is right opposite to McDonalds. When we went, there were only 4 locals eating. Food is served cold and my husband didn't like the taste. They charged 30k for one plate of Babi Guling. This place is definitely overrated.

2  Thank Deepti K
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Close to the macDonalds in Sanur. We just passed by to do some Babi Guling take away.
Opening up and smelling the fragrance. Ohhhh, I dug in right away.
Comparing this place to a great babi guling place in Seminyak. I have to say the pork skin is far better. Less crunchy, more fat to it.
The dishes were medium spicy. It was nice, but wanted a bit extra power.
Still over al a very good place to eat some lovely tasty Babi Guling

Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you come to Bali, you must try this ~ and babi guling Sanur is a good choice. It is not a fancy cafe or five star restaurant, but the food is simply good and tasty. The place itself is not sophisticated, in fact it is very basic, it may not target foreign tourists as consumers, and the old lady who take our order speaks little English, but it's totally fine with me. Keep in mind that when you visit Babi Guling Sanur, you want to satisfy your stomach, not your eyes. People has different taste but if you are adventurous enough like me, you may want to visit Babi Guling Sanur. And IMO, they have the best pork satay in town.