“Great for first divers! Would definitely recommend to all our friends and come back!”
Review of Joe's Gone Diving

Joe's Gone Diving
Ranked #4 of 146 Tours in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Gone Diving Bali is a Dutch-owned PADI 5* IDC dive center in Sanur on Bali, managed by Jan and Mirjam. We arrange all your daily scuba diving trips, dive safaris and PADI courses up to PADI IDC staff Instructor on Bali for you. At Joe's, we like you to get the most out of this impressive dive destination and make your precious time off relaxing and fun. How? We always dive in small groups with experienced dive masters & instructors and have excellent facilities.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed September 16, 2013

From our first email, to saying good bye, it was a 10/10 experience! We had emailed a couple of months prior to our Bali trip to know more about diving and what was appropriate for us and Mirjam always replied back within hours! The payment method was easy, we used credit card for the deposit as well as the rest of the trip. The organisation was incredible!

My partner and I both have never ever dived before, and are also not that water confident and were comfortable from when they picked us up, to sorting our gear, to the drive to Padang Bay. We had Markus who was our instructor. He speaks great English and made us feel very welcomed. It was just us 2 and Markus. The water at Padang Bay was warm and clear and there was plenty of fish and coral!

I found it hard to dive, and Markus was patient and understanding and went at my pace. My partner was comfortable and fine to dive, and Markus took him out to 3-10 m while I relaxed on the boat.

We will definitely go back to Joes when we're back in Bali and highly recommend this company for new starters and experienced divers. We also met Tarryn who was great, and knowledgeable as I heard her give tips to her dive buddy.

Visited September 2013

• Thai first
San Antonio, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dove with Joe's from 8/27-8/30. When first inquiring about this trip I got a prompt response to my email in addition to all questions posed after. Being a single traveler I like advice from those who know the area best and I like to leave arrangements to them if possible. Joe's made my hotel reservation and did pick up and drop off for all days dived. They also were able to give me advice on where to shop, other activities to partake in.

Diving sites were diverse. I was fortunate to see 3 manta rays while diving at Manta Point. I am new to diving, experienced my first drift dive here. Though the scenery was beautiful and the drift not terribly severe I still found it overwhelming. Joe's picked a different dive the next day as the one scheduled would have been another drift and I didn't really want to do another one. Lunch was served every day either at the office terrace or at that day's sites if they were a greater distance. Lunch was always tasty. Nice shower and bathroom facilities at the office. We always relaxed a while after that day's dives which was nice. Plenty of water and snacks on the boat between dives as well as big, fluffy towels.

Upon arrival to my hotel I was horrified and sick to my stomach when I saw I left my prescription mask behind. I really felt I wasn't going to be able to dive because what is the point if you can't see all that beauty. I emailed Joe's to let them know and whaddaya know, they had 5 levels of prescription masks available. I am a -3 and saw perfectly clear. The availability of that mask saved my diving trip.

Thanks Mirjam, Jan, Tarryn, Ethel, Buttons and all the rest of the staff for a wonderful time.

Mahe Island, Seychelles
“Fantastic Dive!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just came back from fantastic dive safari in Bali! I booked my trip through Joe's and have to say - the guys in this dive centre - was excellent and very professional! Mirjam (owner) helped my to book entire trip - including the accomadation on the first and last day of the arrival! The dive centre its self very clean and well organized. I very expirience diver and without hesitation can say - its the most organized dive centre i've ever seen! If you planning your trip to Bali - I highly recommend to go for safari! They can organize safari with minimum 2 pax! I was very lucky - we were group of 5, we never meet before but become a good friends and had a lot of fun! Also the hotels Mirjam booked for the dive safari was awesome!
Read this rewiev, pack your bag and LET'S GO DIVING!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent. Would definitely go back”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Did three days diving whilst in sanur and would definitely use this company again. Very well organised with rapid responses to emails. Small groups of divers per dive master (we had no more than three per group and on some of the dives I had a dive master to myself). Indonesian dive masters were excellent with a great knowledge of the local marine life. Would recommend to others.

Visited July 2013
“Great experience all round. Very friendly and professional staff and owners.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My daughter and I recently completed the Open Water Course at Joe's. Tarryn, our instructor, was fantastic - a very calming presence - and Jan, not Joe! - the owner was open, friendly and obviously a passionate diver.
My daughter had some difficulties due to a bad head cold, but everyone was very patient and understanding, and a possibly very negative experience turned into a positive one for all.
Great dives, and I now feel confident and motivated to continue my diving adventure.
Highly recommend Joe's - small groups, friendly and knowledgable staff, and an owner who is in it for the passion and will not treat you like another customer.