“Best Diving and Best Sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Gone Diving

Joe's Gone Diving
Ranked #4 of 135 Tours in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Gone Diving Bali is a Dutch-owned PADI 5* IDC dive center in Sanur on Bali, managed by Jan and Mirjam. We arrange all your daily scuba diving trips, dive safaris and PADI courses up to PADI IDC staff Instructor on Bali for you. At Joe's, we like you to get the most out of this impressive dive destination and make your precious time off relaxing and fun. How? We always dive in small groups with experienced dive masters & instructors and have excellent facilities.
Warragul
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Best Diving and Best Sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We totally enjoyed the experience. They are a professional company and give value for money. Loved the dive sites and all the marine life we saw. We are going back again soon. Always looked after and also helped us with our Bali stay with accomodation, transport, medical and suggestions.

Great company and great people

• Thai first
Newport Beach, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great new dive company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I spent two days diving with joes gone diving and had a great time. The first day, we went to Tulamben to the the uss liberty, an American cargo ship right off the coast. While getting in and out of this shore dive was tricky, the staff was fantastic about helping anyone who was having trouble. The wreck is great and so worth visiting.

The next day, we went to Padang Bay, which was a fantastic day of boat diving. After the dive, jgd dropped me off at the ferry so that I could catch the boat to Lombok. They even made sure I knew just where to get tickets so I didn't get scammed by one of the fake ticket sellers.

Jgd was an A+ experience. Great dive masters, great equiptment, and an overall great time.

Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Professional dive outfit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We did a daytrip with Joe to Manta point, we got pick up from hotel early in the morning from Kuta, we went dive center to be fitted for our gears, did our paperwork, it all went very smoothly. Our dive guide, Mariana, was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We had very enjoyable dive at manta point. It was a very busy dive site with plenty of divers, we had a small group of 6. Our second dive was a drift dive, we were brief about the danger of this dive site when do our safety stop and were we should EXIT the dive site. At the end of our two dives we head back to the dive center to have very nice lunch.

They were very helpful with planning our trip and promptly reply to our emails in the weeks leading to our trip. Very organize and highly recommended.

Visited August 2011
Roeselare, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a great adventure :-D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Jan, Myriam & the whole staff are great!
A very personal approach to every need of the customer.
I travel alone and even then it was not the slightest problem to
give a customized formula that did fit it to all my wishes.
the courses are given in dutch or english, and are given
by nice and above all fun people! they know the best spots, know how to get there fast and arrange actually everything, pick-up from the hotel, lunch at noon, drinks and snacks on the boat! everything! also fun crew to hang out with. I give joe's a straight A+

see you guys next year!

1 Thank bjornbraeye
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Joe's gone diving is a professional dive school with capable instructors and most of all a very pleasant and warm place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I visited Joe's gone diving in July 2011 and did my Open Water and Advanced Open Water course there. I intended to do just my Open Water but enjoyed it so much that I came back a week later for my Advanced course.

For me diving was totally new and it was crucial for me that the dive school was professional and safe. Joe's gone diving definitely provides that but I honestly think that that should be a basic requirement for any dive school.

The reason I write this very positive review is that Joe's gone diving provided much more than that; I had email contact with them weeks before I came and I was surprised by their reaction time (within 24 hours) and their willingness to help. When I came back for my Advanced course they helped me out with accomodation which was difficult at such short notice. That was a good start and it only got better. The atmosphere at Joe's is very warm, you feel welcome right away. The instructors are all very capable and seem to really enjoy teaching (thanks Mariana and Mike :-), I had drinks a few times at Joe's or some other place in Sanur and diving in Sanur at Joe's was therefore also a very good social experience.

I would definitely recommend anyone planning to dive in Bali to go to Joe's gone diving. I feel like I have a strong basis for diving and had an amazing experience there!

My favourite dive experiences at Joe's:
* the big baracuda
* the caddle fish (hunting)
* the wrecks
* and last but not least the little submarine with tourists that past me at only a few meters haha

Thanks Mirjam, Jan, Mike, Mariana and all the others for a great experience!