“a pleasant vacation !”

Bali Diving Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bali Diving Academy- Day trips With 4 Dedicated Diving Academies and Partner properties in Lembongan, Tulamben, Pemuteran and Sanur, providing professional diving services supported by unmatched human resources and infrastructure on site at all Bali's top dive locations. Since 1991
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Me and my wife just had a diving vacation of a couple of weeks visiting Lembogan,Pemuteran and Tulamben. I must witness and amazingly nice travel, with friendly and professional dive masters, well organized logistics and a number of problems equal to zero and all this thanks to a beautiful island and to Bali Diving Academy. Thanks !!

1  Thank umbiPadova
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hello UmbiPadova,

Thank you so much for your nice comment, we try to do our best and I'm happy to read you enjoyed your time with us, hope to see you again!

Happy diving!

There are newer reviews for Bali Diving Academy

Reviewed August 21, 2012

After three weeks in Bali and a week diving in the fabulous Gili's islands with a great dive shop, we were heading back myself and the rest of the family (wife, 2 young boys and grand-mothers) to Seminyak for the rest of the vacation. From Seminyak, my wife and I (rescue divers) decided to do a day trip with Bali Diving Academy, upon a friend's advise who did the experience and saw mantas and Mola Mola! All our diving fellow members in Gili convinced us not to miss the ONES in Lembongan.

I did the internet process with Bali Diving Academy smoothly. However if you want to benefit from the "island fever promo", you need to pay in advance via bank transfer or Paypal (no credit card accepted). I chose Paypal which is very convenient and added a 3.5% charge commission (very common to do that in Indonesia).
I asked also advise from the reservation staff in order to bring my boys (5 & 8) and the grand mothers, so that they can enjoy the Lembongan's beach. As far as my wife and I were concerned, our only goal was: MANTA and MOLA MOLA.

The journey began at 8:00 AM and ended at around 5:00 PM, door to door from our villa/hotel.
The transfers went well from Seminyak to Sanur to Lembongan, done by fast-boat company (pick up on time from our hotel, on-boarding quite adventurous on Sanur's beach, 30mn boat transfer)
Unfortunately, the rest of the day did not go well due to successive misunderstandings with the reservation staff:
- there are no beaches in Lembongan, rather shores. Or you have to take motorbikes heading south, but inconceivable with 2 grand-mothers and 2 young boys. So they remained mainly at the dive shop while they could have stayed in our beautiful Villa or enjoying lively Seminyak.
- we did 2 dives with our dive master, but with no Manta and Mola Mola! From all our diving friends who went to Bali, we are the only one to have missed them. Of course, this can happen, but when I realized back to the dive shop that we did not go on the right dive ones, my wife and I were a bit angry.

Back to Seminyak, I wrote our dissapointment and frustration to Bali Diving Academy, in a very harsh but honnest manner. I was not expected any answer honestly, but it was the complete opposite: it took no time for the owner (with her husband), Mrs. Sveva Fellato to reply back and apologize on what happened. She wanted to meet me in person to understand what happen, but we unfortunately were heading back to France the following day. I can tell you, Mrs. Fellato did everything she can to catch up and take care of us: try to understand what happened, partial refund, voucher for life, but the most important: replying back with honesty!

I want to congratulate Bali Diving Academy, and especially Sveva, for their exceptional sense of customer service. If we are coming back to Bali, we will definitely trust them again and this time, see the ONES!

1  Thank Ravouth

Hello Mr. Ravouth,

Thank you very much for your comment! I remember you very well of course and you were right at being disappointed, things did not go as expected and the least we could do was to acknowledge it and try to fix it as best as we could.

We are looking forward to see you again and thanks so much again for the comment!

All the best to yourself and the rest of the family!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I visited Bali at the end of a grueling week long business trip to Bali. Although I had not gone diving for about 5 years, I had previously logged over 150 dives and I was eager to start using my equipment and get wet again. Based on TA reviews, I decided to contact Bali Diving Academy and I was very impressed by their non-pushy sales approach compared to some of the other companies I had contacted. Since I could get away for only 1 day, I needed to do a 2 dive day trip. The choices offered were Nusa Lembongan or Tulamben. Since I had spent 3 days in Tulamben doing my wreck diving course years ago, I wanted to go somewhere different and chose Lembongan. The price was US$147 that included the hotel pickup, boat transfer and 2 boat dives around the island. The staff did warn me that the site was for experienced divers as the currents are strong.
Well, things did not get off to a great start. I was promptly picked up at my hotel at 7:45AM and then had to pick up other people at another hotel. We picked up a mother and her 2 daughters at the Hyatt and then were off to the boat pier. Upon our drive and after making conversation with the 3 ladies, our driver determined that these were not the people he was supposed to pick up. Good thing he was listening to our conversation and his english was good. So back to the Hyatt to get the right people. We then stopped at the ferry boat office, where I was made to pay for the boat transfer to Lembongan island. I protested that it was included in my dive package, but my complaint fell on deaf ears and I forked over the additional $60 rather than go back to my hotel. The ferry over to the island is a real local fast boat. Pretty basic, but quick. The dive school picked me up, took my equipment to their location and transferred it to their boat. Their dive boat is really well designed for diving, great tank racks! The dive master was good. Both dives were in strong currents, but the 2nd dive was the strongest current I had ever been in. It was like flying over the reef. Maybe 4-5 knots? In 35 minutes we went 4KM. I was definitely out of practice and was having a bit of trouble maintaining buoyancy but the dive master kept close. Overall an interesting dive experience.
Once Bali Diving Academy was made aware of the double charge for the boat transfer, they immediately made sure I was refunded for the double charge. Very honest and reputable company! Would dive with them again. One warning to travelers, would not recommend the bungalows or the Nusa Lembongan trip. It is more of a hostel type or backpacker accommodation -same thing for the Ferry ride. Need to find a more upscale diving trip for my next trip to Bali.

1  Thank richardg6409

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for your comment!

Happy to hear you had a good time with us and apologies for the things that did not go very smooth.

Bali gets busy and sometimes some mixes happen, or maybe the lady with the daughters were too excited at the idea of coming to dive with us! :-)
Joking aside, fortunately Hyatt is very close to the harbor (about 7 minutes).
Regard the wrong charge though, we remember that occasion very well as it is unusual, apologies for the inconvenience Richard.

About the dives in Lembongan and the current, it is possible that you felt the current particularly strong as it was a while that you were not diving. Safety is our main concern and you can rest assured that our Divemasters and Diving Center Manager always choose the dive sites according to the currents, weather conditions and divers experience, you were in safe hands. We have been operating for 21 years and our record is still 100%.
I understand the feeling though , when we stay out of the water for some time current can be perceived stronger than it is.

Glad you liked the dive boat, it's been specially conceived for divers and we are very proud of it!

The bungalow that you have seen is just adjacent to the diving center but it has nothing to do in terms of accommodation with us.
When divers are looking for accommodation options, we check their budget, what they are looking for in terms of accommodation and then we recommend a few preferred properties.
Diving service is the same for everyone of course regardless where divers stay.

The boat that operated the transfer is Australian owned and managed and although there are several boats operating the Sanur- Lembongan run, for us that is the safest and most reliable, that's why we keep supporting it. Some other boats might have better looks but they are often late and their safety standards are not according to ours, that's why we keep using this one.

It is possible also to charter sailing boats to reach the island, catamarans, follow a big cruise... possibilities are endless.

During your next trip to Bali we will be glad to advise you about the whole range of options and make sure that the program will perfectly suit you!

Thanks once again for your time, we take every feedback very seriously, that's how we can always improve, innovate and keep up with our standards.

All the best and keep diving!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I got in touch with Bali Diving Academy just 48 hours before a planned trip to Lombok, Gili Trawangan, Tulumben and Lembongnan. They put together a seemingly impossible itinerary absolutely effortlessly and with such care, I couldn't really believe that it would all run so smoothly. But it did, and more. Transfers were efficient and on-time every day, wonderfully warm welcomes were waiting for us at every resort and even text messages to check that we were ok. The English spoken by the taxi-drivers was amazing as with all their staff. I have been back for a few days now, but am still pinching myself to believe that this trip really happened. It was a total dream come true and will now find it super difficult to travel with anyone else again after having worked in and experienced some of the world's best destinations. And the owners don't just have the ultimate care for their guests, but for the environment too. All the dive guides have the same ethos and have never felt in such safe hands. Thank you so very much to you all and really hope that I can come back and see you again soon ... Keep up that amazing work that you do ... you deserve more stars than this report can show!

Hello Maria,

Thank you very much for the comment, looking after your trip has been a pleasure for us!

Although last minute multi location requests can look complicated, nothing is impossible for us :-)

See you very soon again!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just come back from Gili Trawangan and been diving with Villa Ombak Diving Academy. With professional DM, quality service and warm hospitality, we enjoyed our diving so much with them. The dive sites are so close to the resort that it only took 7-15 mins. Big thanks to Mie Lu and her team, they have done a great job that we miss them a lot!!!! Wish to be back soon!

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you again soon exploring other locations in Bali or back to the Gilis!

Happy Diving