WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 129 Sanur B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Unexpectedly wonderful cottages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I come once a month to Sanur and each time tried to find a different place to stay. I saw some good designs online and decided to try this and I must admit, I was worried because it is on a main road that is nowhere near the main tourist strip with restaurants. And to walk there at night you have to be extremely careful owing to the dogs (I gave up on first night because I arrived around 7:00pm)

Other than that, the entire resort is consisting of small cottages with intricately designed furnishings. I love all the olden day photos, the fact that each unit is different from doors to furniture to colours. I loved the unexpected surprise of a small outdoor shower and the awesome olden day bed

Even the breakfast at the restaurant was charming and I loved the food all served on old metal plates

And all the staff that I met are awesome

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful - the gardens are amazing and the bungalows are well equipped and very nice. The staff are very kind and helpful, although we did have some miscommunications regarding drivers (ie. we booked some and they didn't actually end up calling them, so we had to go back a few times). One issue would be that it is a 10 minute walk to the beach and on a busy road, but it really is like an oasis. You barely hear the cars at all. The little cafe on site is quite good as well!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here for about a week and on arriving we immidiatly noticed the beautiful gardens and relax atmosphere surrounding the cottages. The staff was very helpfull and kind.
If i have to give some negative points it would be that from the hotel to the beach is about 15min of walking through alley's which habbitat dogs and with a minimum of light during the evening/night.

Breakfast was superb
Staff very kind and hulpfull
Area of sanur is relax and so was the hotel
Swimmingpool was small but since there weren't alot of guests during our stay pleassant enough for us
Ideal home for day trips across Bali
20-30min from the airport by taxi (70k rupiah)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying with my brother for 2,5 weeks. The hotel is not in the first line, at first it was a bit sad, but latter we were traveling a lot and in fact to discover bali and sanur, where hotel is situated, by foot was great! the beach is pretty long and open to everybody. its not the best beach in bali though. the owner of the hotel is a great guy who is always there and very passionate about his hotel and making a lot of things with his own hands. in fact, all the bungaloo-houses he delivered from an old bali village and repaired, so they are very cosy and represent the true bali architecture, they are spacious, and have an outdoor shower with a small garden. in the hotel territory, its very beautify and a lot of flowers and trees, the spa aria is special. while our stay in the hotel, it was my birthday, so when the owner knew about it he offered a free one-hour traditional bali massage from their own spa. it was great and a nice surprise. also they have a restaurant within the hotel. the food there is great! all the time of our stay the staff was of great support, very friendly and welcome.
i would like to suggest this hotel to everybody to experience the real bali hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this while still staying here. This hotel was the location of a 4 day yoga retreat I attended so I didn't have any choice in picking this place to stay. However I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel after reading the mixed reviews of tripadvisor.

I arrived at about 1am and the hotel staff were kindly waiting for us. When walking through the garden to our room, we already started to love this place with its greenery and flowers. We kinda squealed in delight at our 4 poster bed and our bathroom had strong hot rainfall showers. Breakfast was good but well after 1.5 hours of hot yoga I can eat a cow.

Basically this ain't a 5 star hotel neither is it near the beach. If you would like to stay in a resort with quirky Asian decorations, warm sincere service and just chill by the pool, this is the place.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank poppyanne
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I didn't stay at this property but had day spa services with my daughter when we were in Sanur in February 2012. I paid by credit card. I only noticed recently that they over charged me for the services. I informed my bank who went to the trouble of investigating it & issue me with a new credit card. My bank also said that they are finding it difficult to trace the merchant, Puri Esthetics Day Spa. Their website in in Japanese & is full of marriage services....nothing about the Day spa. Beware of using your credit card in Bali.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elizas
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I can't really comment on the hotel itself as we didn't stay, we were shown around and it is definitely a one off for bali. My recommendation is for the hot yoga, similar to Bikram but better, the instructor was from Mexico and did a brilliant job and all the staff we met were brilliant. Give it a try if you need to stretch unwind or just detox...... About $5 au for 90min.

Room Tip: The 4 bed villa with own pool looked great with self contained kitchen. The other rooms all had hea...