“Good food and reasonable”
Review of Rib Restaurant

Rib Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 437 Restaurants in Sanur
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good food and reasonable”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The starters aren't too good, ordered a prawn starter and it came with literally 4 prawns only, not good value. HOwever, we had the steak on the two occasions we ate here, fillet steak and it was really nice - you need to order a plate of chips on the side as what you get is very limited. All in all, good place to eat cheaply and, has an area for non-smokers. Staff don't rush you to leave and are very good, we did enjoy it here.

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Sheffield, Australia
“Very Good Value”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant a number of times during our recent holiday in Sanur.

The service is excellent, the food is above average and the prices are very reasonable.

Make sure you try the "happy hour" from 6 till 8 in the evening - the beers are cheap and they make the best Margaritas in Bali (only 35,000 Rupiah or $3.50 AUD!).

Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
“not too bad”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had dinner at the rib restaurant last night. Whilst it is a rib & meat restaurant, they do have plenty of other meals; I had fish and chips while my wife had chicken cordon bleu.

The fish and chips were ok, nothing to write home about though. The chicken howevervwas delicious. The creamy sauce it came with was delicious to the point I wanted to lick the plate!

We choose to have a late dinner; about 8pm, as we had a late lunch. The restaurant still had a number of guests, however the big bonus was being seated under a fan. The layout of the restaurant means there is a central courtyard, however unfortunately little breeze gets here (much better to get a table under a roof, with a fan nearby.

The music in the restaurant was accoustic covers (covers albums with out the words). It would have been nicer with some live accoustic music.

All in all, enjoyable.

• Visited June 2013
Busselton, Australia
“Never been disappointed”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Our fifth visit to Sanur and still one of our favorite restaraunts. I disagree with the previous comment about the staff, we have always found them to be very good & make dining there a pleasure. The food is good & reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“A Bit Average”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to RiB after both hearing a very good recommendation to try the pork ribs and I had eaten here previously on two occasions over the last few years when visiting Sanur. The place was busy with a birthday party and other diners so I sat at a table near the bar in the back, let's call it the forgotten corner or the invisible seat. The service of one waitress was very good but the others nearby.....it was like pulling teeth. As a regular visitor to Bali I am used to the slow service that can be experienced, however unenthusiastic staff and a lack of a simple smile is a poor display of customer service and can reflect badly.

It was very fortunate for the owners of RiB that one person who served me was charming and keen even though she had a small amount of trouble with the Australian accent and the words "I will have the house red wine please"........it was a Fawlty Towers moment for sure and put a big grin on my face.

I ordered the pork ribs with BBQ sauce but had opted for the avocado juice for while I was waiting. The juice was very nice and chilled which was perfect for the warm evening......and the sudden electrical fault that shut down half of the lighting with the most alarming being that of the kitchen. After the issue had been resolved I was served my ribs and they looked pretty good as did the side of crinkle cut chips. The chips were cooked perfectly but unfortunately the ribs were a bit chewy and somewhat grainy? The BBQ sauce was scarce and this was either a lack of supply or due to a complaint that there was maybe too much sauce by other customers. It was after a few moments that I realized that there were vegetables hidden beneath the ribs, cooked straight from the packet and totally uninspiring, bland and best left aside.

I was actually surprised by the house red as it was rather nice, I expect the bottle had been able to breathe before I got a glass.....and I had another.

It took several attempts to get someones attention so that I could pay my bill but I'm sure if I had stood up to leave they would have been at my table in two seconds flat *wry smile*

Overall it was average, I might go back another time but I certainly wouldn't make it a high priority. They have been around for a long time so they must be doing something right.

• Visited June 2013