“two weeks in june, 2012”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
Gardenia Guesthouse
Ranked #20 of 137 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2012

we stayed at a nearby hotel which did breakfast and we found the gardenia guest house and coffee shop very close by and ate there for three quarters of our evening meals. great food, service and a lovely shop with bags, clothes, decorations, etc. lovely gardens too. would go back for food any time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank judith w

Reviewed July 3, 2012

What a stunning place to stay. Quiet, but only minutes away from the main strip with great food, massages either side (or they will call one into the hotel if you want) what more could you want.

The breakfast was served fresh every day, and you had your pick of something different each day. We found that by staying there over 7 days many that were staying at other hotels came just for the food.

Great place to stay and every time I go back to Bali I will go there - going back in March 2013 infact! My new home away from home!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Tubsy_Family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We have stayed there and when we dont stay there we eat there lovely prepared food and desserts and great place for coffee and hot chocolate as well .Plus great homemade cakes and desserts as well all hours .plus the staff and owners are great too

Room Tip: room 7 its the best as well as any room there
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Islandimports
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Holidaying in Bali from the 16th of April to the 2nd of May we stayed in 3 different places. By far my favourite for a variety of reasons was the Gardenia Guest House.
To start with check in was easy and painless with staff appearing to be more concerned with our comfort rather then bombarding us immediately with a pile of paperwork to be filled in and demands for copies of passports etc as was the experience in the first two places (of course paperwork was required but it didn't feel the same "move them in" impersonal process that the others had.)
I travelled with my teenage son and a number of my friends. In total there were six of us staying and we used three of the rooms. My son and I stayed in room 5 and contrary to a previous reviewers comments found the location of the room perfect. A little set back from the shared 'courtyard' feel of all the other rooms it allowed us privacy but in no way made us feel isolated from the others.
All rooms were reasonable in size, tastefully decorated and well kept with some beautiful paintings on display.
The gardens, courtyard and swimming pool are delightfully laid out and provide a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere for those wanting to wind down, which we often needed after a day of sight seeing or shopping. Although on first appearance the pool seems quite small it's perfect for cooling down in and ample for the 7 rooms at most it needs to cater for. To be honest I wasn't planning on swimming laps any way.
The restaurant on the front of the Guest House was fantastic and had a mixture of options that would suit those wanting to try some traditional Balinese fare or if you had a hankering for a 'home cooked' meal (the Friday night chicken roast was brilliant as was the chicken parmigiana and tuna patties). My personal favourite was the sea food basket, but between my son and I we tried a number of different menu items and found all generous in size and delicious to eat.
The highlight for me was the warmth and consideration displayed by the staff and owners of the Guest House, it appeared nothing was too hard and most (if not all) requests were responded to promptly.
Staying at this location added to our overall enjoyment of our holidays and what was most pleasing was it was the cheapest of the three places we stayed in.

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to see all rooms and would have personally been happy with any. Rooms 4/5 and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alison D
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I can see why some people like it... everything's white and it's very cute, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. I felt I was living in a dollhouse at times. Floral curtains, cutesie pootsie every where you look, nothing at ALL Balinese in the place, but I suppose there is a kind of colonial appeal, if I want to put a positive spin on the atmosphere/decor.

There's one room, number 5, I think, which deserves to be heavily discounted (and isn't) for its gloomy location. We were the doomed couple to inhabit it that night, as there were no other vacancies.

Upon entrance, I knew we had made a mistake. Our room had one of those automatic perfume bombs that doses the place with some god-awful third world floral scent, and, finding a place outside to exile the ghastly little choker, it took hours for the room to lose its stink. The shower room had no ventilation, and I started realizing that this room is the mildew trap during the wet season. Perfectly good windows to use, though, in the bedroom.

The room was spartan, with a lone empty nail on one wall making me think there used to be a little artwork to brighten the place. But really it was a cheerless room which I was always dying to get out of. Porch had a back-breaking rattan chair, but it was in the end of a corridor looking at an exterior wall. I sort of envied the people with rooms facing the pool (pretty much everyone else) which was in a small courtyard, bright and open.

The common areas are cute and verdant, with orchids and more white paint all over stuff. Nice lending library and boutique for feminine tastes. The pool is tiny, making it cute as well. The place is so damn tiny, if someone is smoking somewhere on the property, you get a whiff of it no matter where you are.

Food was decent, with a full time restaurant. Service a bit slow due to having a trainee waitress, but the rest of the staff were pretty with-it.

More cons: Our room did not have a DVD player as promised. No mosquito net on the bed.

More pros: Quiet part of Sanur with a pleasant, shaded, if lengthy walk to the south end of Sanur beach.

Room Tip: Beware room 5. Just make sure you don't get that one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank FrugalMillionaire
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Beautiful garden, friendly staff, extremely great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2011

What a fabulous find. We stayed here for 5 nights in rooms 5 and 6 (interconnecting). The rooms were clean with a teli, A/C, safety deposit box. They put a DVD into my son's room. The only thing I would fault, would be the plumbing. The shower was hot though.
The thing that makes this place is the lovely staff, quiet street, 7 rooms (so is quiet, except for the noisy roosters), the gardens and the amazing price. The pool is small but adequate. I loved the idea of sitting on my verandah and watching my son in the pool. We spent a lot of our time just sitting there reading and talking to other guests. At the cafe there is a great little gift shop too, with some hand knitted animals, we have added 'Ellie Phant' to our family.
The food is lovely, and reasonably priced. I tried their 3 different breakfast options and vote the homemade muesli, yoghurt and fresh fruit the best. My husband enjoyed the coffee and I bought tea leaves so could enjoy a pot of tea in the morning on my verandah.
It was my 17th wedding anniversary when we stayed here. The staff organised a table next to the pool and we had candles lit around it, a bunch of flowers and 3 red roses on our table. This was a surprise for my husband. We were also given a chocolate cake to eat as well at dinner. My son had room service for dinner and watched a DVD, but could still see us from his window. So we were all happy. My son met another child here who was the same age and they had some fantastic afternoons in the pool. I have booked here again for after Christmas and next April as I have found my home away from home.
We were definately spoilt. Thankyou to Made and the staff.

Room Tip: There are 2 interconnecting rooms for families.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family