“Good for a cheap room. 15 minute drive to Sanur.”

Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Puri Maharani for 6 nights in June. I needed a cheap base to do a few little day trips and be close to Sanur beach. I booked it through expedia very affordably.
Firstly, the location is not Sanur as per the website. Its a15 minute cab ride to Sanur. i believe the suburb is called Topati. I chose Puri Maharani as I had read reviews about the free shuttle bus service to Sanur Beach Hotel, which is a big hotel with an enormous pool. I am a swimmer and enjoy swimming laps in a decent sized pool and of course proximity to beach was perfect to while the day away, but I could not afford the location of Sanur Beach Hotel.
On the second day of my holiday I was told their contract ended and guests could no longer go to Sanur Beach Hotel. I explained it was the main reason I had booked and reception staff were apologetic and said they were working hard on sourcing a new hotel contract. I cannot tell you what the name of the new hotel is, as I utilized the free shuttle service the next day to drop me in Sanur and I organized to take a boat on a day trip to Nusa Lembongan Island instead (a good trip, but be prepared to hire a scooter if you want to see anything. I am an experienced biker so this was no problem).
But, a little off track. Back to Puri Maharani.
The grounds are beautiful, and the staff work tirelessly to maintain it -the sweeping would wake me up every day at 7am and I would see gardeners tending to the beautiful fauna every day.
The staff are wonderful, very customer oriented and honest too - I had filled out the laundry form and dropped off my laundry to reception in the morning and when I came back from my day out in the evening I had my laundry waiting for me and staff let me know I had miscalculated and put too many shorts on the form. and they didn't want to overcharge me. I so wouldn't have even noticed!
My garden view room was very clean and excellent value for money. Huge comfy king size bed.
I travelled alone so it was great for me, although for a couple you would lack privacy when one person uses the toilet, your partner would have the displeasure of hearing every tinkle, if you get my drift, as there is no door separating the bedroom from the bathroom - Just a wall. The room was HUGE! Floors spotless. There was a funny smell that came from the shower water, but it didn't bother me too much. It's Bali and its the tropics.
There's a main road outside the resort but as you go down a long driveway it's a actually very tranquil and quiet which surprised me, and I slept great.
Breakfast was basic but tasty. Served quickly by staff who genuinely seem to care. I got a little bored with it after the first few days as the small a la carte menu doesn't change. But I stayed for 6 days, for a shorter stay it would be
adequate enough. Don't expect big filling American breakfasts.
The pool is clean and cool.
There is free wifi at the pool and restaurant area but it is intermittent. If you had a pool side room there's probably wifi range in there but it didn't reach my garden room up a flight of stairs.
Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank aussiejrb

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Sanur after a very long day only to discover that the private villa we had rented wasn't exactly as advertised. Thankfully we managed to get out of the booking with no penalties but now we had no place to stay. Someone suggested heading to the Mercur hotel but we didn't like that either. However, I was able to get on internet in their free wi-fi cafe and found Puri Maharini. I booked it immediately!

What a delight. Yes, the room can have a musty odor at times but this is the tropics and that is a problem with many places. However, leave your door open once or twice a day and you'll get it aired out.

What I loved about the place was the peace and quiet, the friendly, helpful staff, our room was right at the poolside, the bed was super comfortable, the bedding perfect for a good night's sleep. They have lovely chaise lounges, a great happy hour, breakfast was more than adequate, the shuttle to the Beach Club is fabulous and the Beach Club that you get with your room is amazing. We had full access to the beautiful pool and area at the Beach Hotel in Sanur for what we were paying at Puri Maharini! What a deal!!!

Just make sure that your taxi driver knows where Tohpati is, as our taxi guy got lost and charged us $10 US because of his mistake. A taxi should be about $4 from Sanur downtown to the hotel.

Honestly, we were beyond happy all week with our choice and so glad that our first accommodation didn't work out. We felt like we won the lotto finding this little gem hidden away in Sanur.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jan J
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great little place, very tranquil. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Staff in the restaurant doesn't speak much English but the food is quite good and the service is excellent. Room is quite big, could do with a bigger air conditioner .
The hotel away from the tourist area but the shuttlebus does regular trips into town and to Sanur Beach Hotel. This hotel lets you use their facilities and Puri Maharani will give you cards for towels and usage of this resort.
All in all a very pleasant stay for our onward trip to Europe

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 65AndreaP
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Can not fault this hotel if you are looking for a quiet and secluded stay just near Sanur. The staff, especially Operations Manager Cici, could not do enough for us and were friendly, helpful and so easy to deal with and communicate with. The shuttle service and access to Sanur Beach Hotel is the perfect combination. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Orlagh S
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is very small. We had an impression that it was absolutely empty when we were there. Hotel staff are smiling and nice but extremely slow and don't understand English very well. Breakfast is standard as everywhere in Bali. Restaurant's menu is not great. We preferred to have lunch and dinner elsewhere. There is no another restaurant in the close neighborhood but as we were staying on the beach until late this was not a problem for us. They have a shuttle to Sanur beach hotel and they provide you with cards to have full access to that hotel facilities including hotel's private beach. The shuttle service schedule is not very convenient, last return shuttle is at 4:30pm. We used taxi for return journey. That was ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank yaJully
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We enjoyed 4 night at Puri Maharani, flexible and helpful staff with excellent shuttle service. Also great added bonus to have access to Senur Beach Hotel including pool towel. They also have bikes but not sure if also evaluable to Puri Maharani guest. Bikes are very useful around Senur as it's quieter than Kuta and Legian. Clean, fresh and well maintain property. Only complaint would be that the air conditioning unit was a little noisy and it is a long way from the centre of Senur but when you consider it's only a $3 taxi ride away I can compromise as the room price reflect this. Would happily return.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms next to the pool