I stayed at Puri Maharani for 6 nights in June. I needed a cheap base to do a few little day trips and be close to Sanur beach. I booked it through expedia very affordably.
Firstly, the location is not Sanur as per the website. Its a15 minute cab ride to Sanur. i believe the suburb is called Topati. I chose Puri Maharani as I had read reviews about the free shuttle bus service to Sanur Beach Hotel, which is a big hotel with an enormous pool. I am a swimmer and enjoy swimming laps in a decent sized pool and of course proximity to beach was perfect to while the day away, but I could not afford the location of Sanur Beach Hotel.
On the second day of my holiday I was told their contract ended and guests could no longer go to Sanur Beach Hotel. I explained it was the main reason I had booked and reception staff were apologetic and said they were working hard on sourcing a new hotel contract. I cannot tell you what the name of the new hotel is, as I utilized the free shuttle service the next day to drop me in Sanur and I organized to take a boat on a day trip to Nusa Lembongan Island instead (a good trip, but be prepared to hire a scooter if you want to see anything. I am an experienced biker so this was no problem).
But, a little off track. Back to Puri Maharani.
The grounds are beautiful, and the staff work tirelessly to maintain it -the sweeping would wake me up every day at 7am and I would see gardeners tending to the beautiful fauna every day.
The staff are wonderful, very customer oriented and honest too - I had filled out the laundry form and dropped off my laundry to reception in the morning and when I came back from my day out in the evening I had my laundry waiting for me and staff let me know I had miscalculated and put too many shorts on the form. and they didn't want to overcharge me. I so wouldn't have even noticed!
My garden view room was very clean and excellent value for money. Huge comfy king size bed.
I travelled alone so it was great for me, although for a couple you would lack privacy when one person uses the toilet, your partner would have the displeasure of hearing every tinkle, if you get my drift, as there is no door separating the bedroom from the bathroom - Just a wall. The room was HUGE! Floors spotless. There was a funny smell that came from the shower water, but it didn't bother me too much. It's Bali and its the tropics.
There's a main road outside the resort but as you go down a long driveway it's a actually very tranquil and quiet which surprised me, and I slept great.
Breakfast was basic but tasty. Served quickly by staff who genuinely seem to care. I got a little bored with it after the first few days as the small a la carte menu doesn't change. But I stayed for 6 days, for a shorter stay it would be
adequate enough. Don't expect big filling American breakfasts.
The pool is clean and cool.
There is free wifi at the pool and restaurant area but it is intermittent. If you had a pool side room there's probably wifi range in there but it didn't reach my garden room up a flight of stairs.
Overall I enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Puri Maharani Hotel is owned by the King and Queen of East Bali. The Royal Family lives at the hotel, it is one of many they own. We can arrange a package so you can also visit and stay in the Royal Palace in East Bali as well. Please ask us for details. Puri Maharani offers a very nice landscaped garden, The King as a hobby raised many tree's over the years and created the beautiful garden area there. There is also a pool, a restaurant, a spa, and a free shuttle to Sanur Beach that leaves every 2 hours, and picks you back up as well. The property has a lot of very nice Indonesian art, and you will feel the peace and warmth of staying in a modest, Royal Family Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel Sanur
- Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel & Spa Sanur, Bali