“Great host, relaxed seaside eatery, great value”
Review of komilfo - CLOSED

komilfo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: komilfobali@hotmail.com It's right on the beach
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I live in Bali and a friend recommended we meet at Komilfo for a "girls catch up". I loved it that much I went back with my husband and little dog "Maxi". I was immediately greeted by the owner who remembered me and jumped up and gave us the prime position overlooking the seaside. We loved the menu and the price was great for the five star location. We will be back when next in Sanur.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice to have a Dutch speaking restaurant owner around the corner :) we enjoyed our talks and the hospitality. Nice food (we didn't try the Dutch choices) and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Owned by Europeans, and well run with friendly staff and good service, this restaurant sits on the beach front next to the Bali Hyatt ( closed for renovations Feb/2014).
The menu caters for Western and Balinese tasts, and the food is good, although not spectacular.
My fish and chips had a batter more like a pancake that the traditional crispy finish! ( Tried this twice and made my feelings known).The Balinese dishes are worth a try, Bimbu Bali my wife said was delicious.
There are outfront settings if you want to stay clear of the smokers, and the Bintang is cold and served in clean chilled glasses..Very civilised!
This restaurant is popular throughout the day and is good value compared to most of the adjoining eateries. In the evenings this place is always busy with a good turnover.
There are no additional taxes on drinks and meals ( some places charge up to 21%) on your bill and I have never found an acceptable explanation for this price gouging. My recommendation is to eat here first making the Komilfo your base and compare from here.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

With so much cafe choice in Sanur it is not hard to find a good meal and atmosphere, but Komilfo edges to the top of the pile with its fantastic location.
Situated at the end of Jl Duyung the cafe is set back a few meters overlooking the sea.
Whilst other nearby cafes are right on the beach edge, Komilfo has a more repeat crowd due to the friendliness of the staff and owners and the consistent quality of the food.
Being a mix of Belgian\Dutch and Indonesian dishes enables something for anyone. Personally I prefer the Indonesian food which is very well prepared and presented, my favourites being spread over the Rawon, Ayam Pelalah and Nasi Campur. Many Dutch customers visit weekly for their favourites and as other reviewers have mentioned the Bitteballen are outstanding.
Occasionally it gets a little busy with noisy families spreading out which can take the edge of a pleasant beer and meal by the sea, but thats all part and parcel of going out.
Its a great spot for people watching be it tourists and local boatmen out the front or various expat residents within.
Great staff.
No wifi in place now. If thats important the surrounding cafes have it. It helps if you like dogs as the owners have a charming pooch with a spectacular tail and he always has a friend or two around.
Pop in on your visit and fill in an hour or two. Well worth it with the beach walk crossing in front.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great food, brilliant location, very friendly owner. My favo here is pork ribs. It was so tasty and yummy!!! Will deff come back for another ribs! Thanks Jack Sparrow!!!

1  Thank Audrey V