“Ordinary. Not poor. Just "ordinary".”
Review of Warung Blanjong

Warung Blanjong
Ranked #99 of 442 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warung Blanjong has been operating for sixteen years. It is owned by a local Balinese woman, Ketut Mariani, who has lived and cooked in Europe, Australia and Hawaii. Warung Blanjong's speciality is it's Balinese food for which it is justifiably famous. In addition there are Indonesian dishes, some Western dishes and arguably the best hamburgers in Bali. There are Balinese cooking classes available with Ketut and Warung Blanjong does do catering. We look forward to seeing you here to eat with us.
Melbourne, Australia
“Ordinary. Not poor. Just "ordinary".”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had been walking for about six hours, just seeing the sights of the beach and surrounding bits and pieces when, as we were on our way home, we thought we’d drop in for dinner.
It was very quiet, a couple and their toddler being the only ones other than us.
The Commander for Marital Enjoyment ordered Nasi Campur Spesial – which we had been hunting downtown Sanur for as she had not had that meal since we arrived some two weeks prior ( I had it at Balique in Jimbaran – see review). I ordered the Siap Betutu as I had not had it before.
The Campur lacked the flavours of the Balique experience but, nevertheless, was deemed “very nice” by Carolyn (she’s sitting next to me now) although the “additional Balinese dishes” was actually the addition of three small chicken skewers with satay sauce.
While the Siap Betutu was okay, it was quite small and really required more flavour from the Balinese Spices it was purported to have. It verged on bland. The Minister of Perfect Recall (she’s gone again) agrees that I said that I’d be disappointed if I’d cooked something that tasted like that at home.
We had walked by the place several times during our week in Sanur and it had reasonable patronage. However, our experience wasn’t particularly memorable except for its ordinariness.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TheOracleofOz

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Saw the raved reviews here, and since it was a 10-minute walk from my place, I decided to try it for lunch today!

I ordered the Pepes di Pashi (steamed fish wrapped in banana leave, served with rice). Though the food is good, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is great. However, for its price (I paid 70,000 IDR for the dish and iced tea), I would say that it's just as good as it gets.

Since I'll be here for a few more days, I'll definitely be trying out other warungs in the area, and hopefully I'll discovera gem in this area in Sanur.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kangsheng
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

£10 for 2 main courses and 4 beers. The food was really tasty and the staff very friendly. What more could you ask for from a local warung?

Visited May 2014
Sanur, Indonesia
“Hamburger to die for”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Went tonight with my wife; she opted for a Nasi Campur and I went for a special Hamburger.
Nasi campur was pretty good (according to my wife) and my hamburger was sublime!!! I choose the Works Hamburger, with crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato and a fried egg...really impressive. Everything was perfect, I really enjoyed.
I had a look on the menu and there is not only balinese food, so everybody has the possibility to chose their favorite food.
Very nice staff and ambience will complete the casual dinner.
Really recommended.

Timaru, New Zealand
“Authentic”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great authentic Balinese food as well as burgers etc. Good price, great service and right next door to Taksu Hotel.

Visited April 2014