“Saté is tops”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Kesuma

Cafe Kesuma
Ranked #202 of 425 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Saté is tops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can't vouch for their seafood but I can highly recommend the saté which is way above the often bland ones encountered in Bali. Chicken skewers that are served in a mini charcoal clay bbq and icy cold beers were just the go for a great chill out late lunch. BTW, the prices are cheap!
Location is just south of the Mercure on the boardwalk.

Visited February 2013

New York
“Inexpensive seafood on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was nice to sit at the beach to enjoy good seafood. The restaurant is toward the south of Sanur, and is just to the right of the Mercure hotel. It was about a 25-30 min walk from the Bali, Hyatt. Well worth it. The food had a lot of flavor. The portion sizes are decent. The prices are reasonable. There are no service charges or additional taxes for the food, which is great. The place is nothing fancy...in fact, it looks more rustic than the fancier restaurant options up toward the main part of the restaurant/hotel strip. We're really glad we found this place for inexpensive seafood, and wished we had another night, so that we could go back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 2010newyorkgirl
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had passed this place several times during our stay and each time my wife stopped to check the fresh fish and prawns on ice in the display case out the front. On reccomendations from a long term expat we decided to try it out.
The menu is the same you see all over Sanur with a mix of western and local favourites but it was the fresh prawns and fish that we settled on. My wife chose 4 large prawns (they called them king prawns but they looked like tiger prawns to me)120,000 rupiah with all the usual sambals plus rice and vegetables. She loved it. As we were sitting on the beach it seemed appropriate that I should have the fish and chips. Decent size serving of fresh crumbed fish cut into small pieces served with a tiny salad and chips all for only 40,000 rupiah. Quite delicious.

The food is unlikely to win an award anytime soon but when it was put together with the fast efficient service, cold beer and a lovely night for sitting on the beach it all came together to make a very good memory. Good clean toilets, no service charges and good staff all helped too.

Comox, Canada
“friendly service good menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Think I went here at least 3 times. It was a bit of a walk from Sanur Beach for me for me but it was worth it. This is an exposed location meaning when the wind blows it is windier here than it seems anywhere else. I did not take the beach tables for this reason. Staff was always friendly, go early if dinner to avoid mass groups. Varied menu but I had satay, once had chicken sandwich.
Prices good here as is quality

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cactus52
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous fish on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We made our way back to Kesumas for our last night in Bali and were not disappointed. it was great to sit right on the beach and enjoy some really beautiful fish and it was sooo cheap. after starters of chicken satay - which was good - I ordered prawns and my husband snapper. He did not realise at first that the price was per 100gr and was a little concerned when a huge snapper arrived in front of him. However it was absolutely delicious and I had to help him finish it and when the bill came we couldn't believe it - it was so reasonable. It is one of our favorite eating places in Sanur and we will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012