“friendly service good menu”
Review of Cafe Kesuma

Cafe Kesuma
Ranked #221 of 437 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Comox, Canada
“friendly service good menu”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Think I went here at least 3 times. It was a bit of a walk from Sanur Beach for me for me but it was worth it. This is an exposed location meaning when the wind blows it is windier here than it seems anywhere else. I did not take the beach tables for this reason. Staff was always friendly, go early if dinner to avoid mass groups. Varied menu but I had satay, once had chicken sandwich.
Prices good here as is quality

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cactus52

Perth, Australia
“Fabulous fish on the beach”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We made our way back to Kesumas for our last night in Bali and were not disappointed. it was great to sit right on the beach and enjoy some really beautiful fish and it was sooo cheap. after starters of chicken satay - which was good - I ordered prawns and my husband snapper. He did not realise at first that the price was per 100gr and was a little concerned when a huge snapper arrived in front of him. However it was absolutely delicious and I had to help him finish it and when the bill came we couldn't believe it - it was so reasonable. It is one of our favorite eating places in Sanur and we will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012
Sanur, Indonesia
“Victim of its own success”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Kesuma is a long time popular favorite in Sanur. Although the food is standard beach fare, and the prices are average, this restaurant is full when others along the beach are empty. One reason is a review some years ago in Lonely Planet, which put it on the map. Another is a very nice staff. Unfortunately Kesuma has now become a victim of its own success. The restaurant has added tables, but has not added staff or enlarged the kitchen. On two recent occasions, our wait was more than one hour before our meal was delivered. We won't be going back.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Lyn R
Bali, Indonesia
“So dissapointed.”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have been dining regularly at Kesuma since 2007. Previous visit's has always been enjoyable.
However my last visit has left me wondering If I will ever return.
The four of us in out party settled in and our main course arrived. Two of us ordered fish fillet and the remaining two whole snapper.
The fish fillet's and one snapper arrived with the last snapper arriving a few minutes later.
As the snapper was placed down I got a whiff of something unpleasant. At first I didn't associate the smell with anything on our table. However it quickly became apparent that the smell was from the fish.

Now I cannot believe that both the kitchen and waiting staff could not have sensed that the fish was off. The reaction of the staff was almost dismissive with no apology offered. A replacement meal was ordered. Then unbelievably both the bad and replacement meal being on the bill.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank stretford79
Tea Gardens, Australia
“Great Location and Value”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Great location on the beachfront at Sanur. Good value for money fresh seafood.

• Visited February 2012