“Choose your Robayataki”

Kokoya
Ranked #85 of 429 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Choose your Robayataki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This continues to be one of my favorite places for good Japanese food in Sanur--with specialty for Robayataki (Japanese Barbeque). Was recommended by a fellow scuba diver (who happened to be Japanese) some 3 - 4 years ago and I have always dined here whenever I had the chance to be in Sanur (turned out to be at least once a year). The last time I dine here was with my wife & my two year old boy (dined twice during our last trip) who liked Tempura Udon so much.

Tips for adults: Stick with the Robayataki order.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 4ri4

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
The Plains, Virginia
“Great Japanese in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went here for lunch a few times. They had a great bento box lunch for under $5. I also had very good rolls. The food was very fresh and the service was fast and good.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ruby P
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely NOT the best Japanese in Sanur”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Well we usually go to Ryoshi or Sumo, but Sumo was closed, maybe its closed forever, it was good but in a bad location.
We tried Kokoya, it was all eatable but not what you could call great. I had the big Salmon sushi plate, the salmon rolls were too cold and that’s not good because the flavor isn’t there. Plus the ginger on the side was only a few pieces. The others had a seafood salad and it didn’t come with any sauce like the other two places above which have very nice sauces mixed into the salad. Our other friend had the small salmon sushi plate. All in all not great and we won’t go back that’s for sure.300.000Rp for 3 meals and no drinks. (we brought our own wine)
My Recommendation: try another Japanese Rest.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Trevor T
Bali, Indonesia
“Best in Sanur area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

First time coming this restaurant , the waiters are very welcoming and explain a lot japanese authentic food to us . Quick services , all menu serves between 15 minutes. Food taste are good and price are not acceptable.

Will come to here again to this restaurant.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Davidoffbali
Canberra, Australia
“Can't judge the food because over a third of it didn't arrive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Three of us ate lunch here on 27 Feb. Or tried to.

The decor is lovely, the service seemed fine at first and my own dish of tempura vegetables arrived promptly and was very good.

However only one of us received exactly what he'd ordered. Our bill included items I'd ordered (such as rice) that never made it to our table. More puzzling, my daughter's main course simply vanished - we all heard her order it, the waitress seemed to be writing things down and included it when she read back our order. But that was the last we heard of it. By the time we'd figured out she was not getting a meal we'd run out of time to reorder. No apologies were forthcoming from the restaurant's staff.

I've read the other reviews here, and I'm sure they are right and this is a really nice place. I'd like to return someday. But I'd just like to advise Tripadvisor members in the nicest possible way to listen carefully when the waitress reads back your order, don't wait too long before checking on missing dishes and double check your bill.

• Visited February 2014