“Ribs were not as good as I remembered”

Arena Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 453 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good Food , Good Booze , Food Fun
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came here years ago for the ribs, and I used to think it was pretty good. I ordered the boneless spare ribs this time; while it was passable, I wouldn't return for it. It was on the tough side, the sauce was very sweet, and the vegetables on the side was sad and limp. The caffe latte I ordered on the side was not milky enough, but they were quick to bring me extra milk.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Came here to try the pork ribs. We waited for almost one hour to be served. When the food came out it was very average. Basic caffetaria style food not really restaurant food. Ribs had way better ones in Bali they were oke but not great. My wife had salmon wich was oke but tasted like it was over due in the frezzer. My sun burger nothing great. Nice atmospher like a old English pub thanks god for the none smoking room available has it keeps some bar flies puffing on there favorite poison away from us. If you want to watch sport nice venue and a quick uninteresting meal while watching a game. Not a dine out venue at all.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Strongly recommended to eat there !! One of the best sports bar & grill in city. A wide range menu selection at affordable price . you can enjoy a lot of countries food, such as Germany, UK, Italy, Norway etc. All in one place !!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

...she don't like, Cocaine...
If you are in Bali and if you are of the generation that likes Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc, this is the place to go on Friday nights. The band will play to your tastes.
Apart from that part of the fun, you can also have a very decent pepper steak with fries on McDonald standard (which is a compliment). Arena has been a part of the local scene since many years. I have gone regularly over the years. Recently I had the impression that it had let its standards slip a bit, but I can't confirm that now. Nice music, nice food, nice staff.

1  Thank Helmut S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have eaten twice now at the Arena Pub both times were week nights so no live music. They have a band on Friday nights and I believe it is a popular night but have not visited then as yet. Both times I ordered steak, the first time the beef was from Australia and the 2nd time local. Both times the food was excellent! The portion size and quality of the food was incredible, particularly for the price. Also lovely friendly staff and quick service. The ambience however, for me, lets it down as it is brightly lit and the decor is uninspiring making it not a place I would linger in.