“Truly a 5 Star Dive Centre”
Review of Bali Scuba

Bali Scuba
Ranked #8 of 143 Tours in Sanur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly a 5 Star Dive Centre”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had the opportunity to dive with Bali Scuba during my dive trip to Bali, and I was greatly impressed by their service.

Staff are very friendly and helpful, and made us feel very comfortable from the first day. The dive centre is well equipped with numerous training rooms, a 3m deep swimming pool where pool sessions are conducted and an air fill facility which does nitrox. As nitrox is provided to nitrox certified divers for free, I decided on the spot to do my nitrox course, which was efficiently arranged for by the dive centre.

We did a total of 8 dives at Tulamben and Nusa Penida. All logistics for the dive trips were very well planned and executed, and virtually everything from the loading and unloading of equipment to the land and sea transportation was efficiently handled.

We rented a full set of equipment from Bali Scuba including 5mm wetsuits (waters at Nusa Penida are really cold), and I was very impressed by the condition of their rental equipment. The rental was reasonably priced, and the equipment was relatively new and very well maintained, compared to the gear at many other dive centres I have dived with in Southeast Asia.

Special mention must be made of our dive guide Sammy, an instructor at the dive centre who was very experienced and knowledgeable of the local dive sites, and also a great guy to hang out with. He was very sensitive to the needs of my dive group, and was very safety conscious. One of my friends on the trip was a newly minted open water student, and Sammy was quick to notice on the first dive that he was not the most comfortable in the water. Immediately the next day an additional divemaster was allocated specially to accompany my friend, especially for the more challenging dives at Nusa Penida. It is such commitment to safety, and customer service we experienced at Bali Scuba that impressed me the most.

Will certainly dive with them again when I return to Bali.

1 Thank fire_storm85

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Scuba Dive Centre!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a blast when i was there, basically everyone was friendly, didn't feel awkward or anything. Made a lot a friends and felt really safe while doing my Open Water Course. The instructors are not just paid professionals to teach but they become your friends as well. Can't explain how good they are, gotta try it to believe it. Everything provided was excellent and the every trip out to the sea was well prepared (eg. food, beverages and gears) Definitely will return for more courses.

Noida, India
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“GREAT SCUBA DIVE CENTRE TO DIVE WITH.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thanks Scuba Bali for making my dive trip so special and exciting. I booked Tulamben and Penida island. Though missed seeing Mola Mola but still had amazing dive trips. The guides were great and very informative and extra cautious for everyones safety. The service was excellent and dot on time. Staff is great and very courteous. I would mention Cecilia specially as she was the on e to convince me to book with them. Great people to dive with. Thanks Bali Scuba.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really expressive and funny divemaster”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just met the most funny and expressive dive master, i really enjoy listening to how Mr Knut ward off a titan trigger fish attack during mating season. Efficient pick up service from the hotel, good job!!!
By the time we got there the diving gear were packed and we are ready to go. The shore walk at tulamben was really rocky and i advise wearing some form of foot protection (e.g booties). But it was still an exciting and fun dive nonetheless. Dives at Nusa Penida was excellent as well, with big oceanic manta sighting. Definitely will return for more dives!!! A big thank you to Mr Knut Edvard Hoff and the crew for making this dive trip extra memorable.

Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Job”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Late one evening while vacationing in Bali, I thought I'd try calling a few dive shops to see if they could accomodate me for a dive the next morning. The first two shops I called from a google search did not answer and there was no voice mail, the third provided a mobile number on their website and the person who answered promptly hung up on me a few minutes into the conversation. Bali Scuba was 4th on the google search. The phone was answered promptly and professionally and I was accommodated for the next mornings dive without fuss. Hotel pick up was on time and the driver quite friendly and chatty. When we reached the shop in Sanur, all staff were welcoming and made the normally tedious registration procedure fun and quick. My assigned dive guide Ando introduced himself to me with a wide grin and helped me get kitted out for equipment -which were all in excellent shape.
Without much waiting around, we jumped on bus headed to colorful Padang Bai village, where we jumped on a local boat and headed to the first dive site, maybe 10 minutes out. After a quick and informative briefing we jumped in. Wow, what a site. Crystal clear water and an abundance of fish life. In 45 minutes, we swam in the midst of a school of gliding stingray, played with curious (aggressive?) trigger fish that nipped at us, watched a giant squid swim by and eye us suspiciously, saw quite a few massive parrot fish, quite a few large and beautiful angel fish, admired a healthy, colorful reef teeming with thousands of other fishies, had numerous moray eel encounters, and then just before ascending to the boat we encountered a fully grown white tip shark casually zip around a nearby reef. Awesome! Next dive was called Turtle Head which is a colorful wall perhaps 20 meters from shore. The current was brisk, so we let that do all the work and enjoyed it as a drift dive. Lots and lots of marine life here as well.
We finished with a hearty lunch (included in price) at an excellent balinese restaurant on the beach in Padang Bai and exchanged stories with each other before heading back to Sanur.
Do note Padang Bai is about 90 minutes from Sanur and traffic can be horrendous, but it is well worth the trip. I prefer diving in small groups, small boats, and some exposure to local culture so this worked out great..there were only 5 of us in total so it was much more personable. Bali Scuba did a great job throughout.
I'll use them again for sure....suggest you do the same.