“Well organised dives”
Review of Bali Scuba

Bali Scuba
Ranked #9 of 167 Tours in Sanur
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I allowed two days for diving whilst in Bali and I was not disappointed. Easily organised and picked up from my hotel at Nusa Dua. First day was the wreck of a US freighter torpedoed in 1942 (Tulamben wreck). In 28 metres of water. Excellent fish life and my Balinese buddy was a pleasure. The next day was at Nusa Penida. Saw manta rays and then did two drift dives along a very nice wall with a myriad of fish. Gear provided was serviceable (I took my own computer, regulator, mask and snorkel). Lunch and drinks were provided. Will do mor diving on my September holiday in Bali

1  Thank Hedonist_Australia
"boat crew"
in 7 reviews
"professional outfit"

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Excellent experience with Bali Scuba. Email correspondence was professional and accurate, although some of my emails did not get through and needed to be sent twice.
Drivers and pick up were flawless. The dive guide Ketut who spent five days with us was attentive, very safety conscious and flexible. I was diving with my 19 year old son, I am 54. Ketut checked on us in the water frequently and pointed out small creatures we would have missed. We had our own guide and van, though another group was travelling essentially parallel to us, and the company could have saved money but combining our safari.
We missed diving Nusa Penida due to poor surf conditions. Bali Scuba offered us money back or a choice of a different site at our discretion. We knew that we wre off season and conditions were generally good, with some limited visibility and current at a few of the sites, overall still excellent.
We brought most of our own equipment but what they had for rent in the shop looked current and well maintained. Nitrox and air tanks were plentiful and Ketut supplied a modern oxygen analyzer to check the nitrous.
Standard hotels were clean but sparse. Left my valuables in the room with nothing touched and no problems, same with the van which was spotless and modern.
Overall excellent dive operator, very safety conscious. Will dive and tour with them again.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

During a short Bali holiday in November some friends and I booked some diving through Bali scuba - four of us ticketed divers, two of us (including me) taking the full Open Water certification course. The booking process was painless, involving a helpful and prompt email exchange followed by a small PayPal deposit. The total course cost was $425 per head (which is very reasonable for a dive course and was all-inclusive), and our ticketed friends were able to get four dives over two days for $250, again all-inclusive.

On the first day of our course we were picked up early from our accommodation by the Bali Scuba bus service. This service was much appreciated, although we didn't find out until after booking that our accommodation was outside of the free pick-up zone and we had to pay an extra $US40 per day, but between the six of us this was no big deal. The course began with two days of theory (one in the classroom, one in the Bali Scuba pool) with our instructor Chris, who was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. All the gear was provided for us and its use clearly explained. The theory day was quite dull as it was just sitting in a classroom watching some fairly daggy videos, but this is down to the PADI curriculum and not Bali Scuba! The pool day was great - well paced but not rushed, with all skills explained, demonstrated and then practised. After just a day Chris made us confident and relaxed about taking our new skills to the ocean. I also want to mention that two of our ticketed friends were allowed to spend a couple of informal hours in the pool just as a refresher, and we really appreciated the flexibility of Bali Scuba to slot them in like that.

On our two days of open water diving we were joined by three of our ticketed mates - one had to unexpectedly go home to Australia and we appreciated the fact that Bali Scuba made no big deal about the loss of a booking at overnight notice. We went for two dives each at Padangbai (day one) and Tulamben (day two), with (very early!!) bus transport and lunch provided for all. The diving was spectacular at both sites, especially the Liberty wreck at Tulamben, and we got to practise the skills from the pool dives in the open water in a way that was structured and yet spaced so as not to interfere with enjoying the surrounds at our own pace.

The experience's only downside was that all five of us got quite horrendously unwell with Bali belly, presumably from one of the two restaurants at the ocean dive sites, but this also is hardly the fault of Bali Scuba. I would be more than happy to use them again for any future diving in Bali.

1  Thank sapphirewest
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Professional and fast response. Instructor Knud was impeccable and concise. In-house pool for training. Simon was quick to welcome us. Overall a very friendly atmosphere.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 12, 2011

As a novice scuba diver, I recently booked a diving package and guest house accommodation through Bali Scuba, in Sanur, Bali.

Not having dived for several years, I needed an "open water" refresher and I opted for an "advanced open water course". The course was for 5 days (9dives) and accommodation for 7 nights.

Everything was booked through the internet, so I was a little apprehensive when I arrived in Bali for my first time. I needn't have worried. People from the guest house were waiting for me at the airport and took me the 30mins to Sanur. The guest house was opposite Bali-Scuba and was excellent. Called Sindhu Merta, the room was clean and spacious. With a small patio adjacent to a small swimming pool. The room had free wifi, a refridgerator, safe, TV and a clean bathroom. The staff (about 3) were extremely friendly and helpful, even driving me down to Sanur to the local money exchanger. A simple breakfast was also provided and brought to the room.

All of this was arranged through Bali-SCuba themselves. As for Bali-Scuba themselves, what can I say. Everything was so profressional, organised and friendly. Their facilities were first class. A large shop, diving pool, toilets, kit room with large rinsing facilities and their own tank refilling station. For the more serious students, I think there were 3-4 classrooms.

Each morning we met at around 7.30am, and we were driven to the dive sites or to one of the 2 boats that Bali-Scuba owned. I had my own personal instructor for the whole 9 dives, called Kriss (excellent guy, although all their instructor seemed excellent).

I dived either 2 or 3 dives per day. Lunch and soft drinks was provided either on the boat or at a small restaurant/hotel situated near the dive site. Even though a novice, I was taken to the main dive sites and witnessed Mola Mola, Manta Rays and other exciting marine life.

I enjoyed myself so much, I extended my stay to 9 nights and took another 5 fun dives.

Waht more can I say. Everything was excellent and everything was organised by Simon (extremely helpful English guy) and co-owner of Bali Scuba. There was nothing negative to say about the whole holiday experience. Even the price was fantastic, with the whole package costing just over a $1,000.00.

I am happy to recommend Bali Scuba to everyone, who loves diving.