“Good food, good music”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Good food, good music”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

"Good food, good music" is what one of the patrons said to us as we stood out the front deciding if we would go in. He was right. The food was great, some lovely burgers and prices were reasonable. The bill snuck up on us because we ordered so many delicious mocktails but that's our fault. :) The music was great, yes it is a little odd to hear a Balinese person singing "Land Down Under" but the band did a great job. Service was also great, and I can't understand why previous reviews had such a bad time. This place is extremely Aussie, so if that's not your style then perhaps you won't enjoy the ambience, but if you do enjoy it, or if you are Aussie and are feeling a little homesick, it's great.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great food, good prices, but a bit tatty”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food at The Ducks Nutz is really good, and the menu is varied. The pies are excellent, and the lasagna is bit enough to sink a battleship. They have live music some nights. There is a good choice of seating: indoor and outdoor tables, higher "drinking" tables, and at the bar. The staff were friendly. Overall, the decor could do with an overhaul, but this the only time I've ever seen a brown toilet!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank RandomGuy23
Nambucca Heads, Australia
“Awful!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Too awful for words. The food was extremely ordinary and the owner was the same. There's really nothing to add. Would never go there again.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank werrimadge
Vevey, Switzerland
“bad food and bad people”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

please don't go there, my wife had tasteless prawns and they tried to give me a nasi campur without tempe and sambal sauce (only rice, a chicken leg and some vegetables) and wanted me to believe it was a nasi campur, then they made me wait 10 minutes so I gave back the food and said I was not paying for it as it was already cold and it was still missing tempe and sambal sauce, by that time my wife had finished her prawns so I asked for the bill with my empty stomach and they even tried to trick me by giving me the wrong change : 50'000 IDR were missing ! a mistake they said... I don't believe them. and to top that the waitress was smelling really bad, everything couldn't be more wrong at this place !

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank asartoni
Perth
“At least the beer was cold”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

If you aren't deterred by chain smoking and jokes about Jim Beam and Jack Daniels then this is probably the place for you. The food was pretty cheap and was passable but given that there are plenty of other good options within 2 minutes walk there is no reason to go here.

3 Thank PerthDeve