“Best restaurant in Sanur”
Review of Charming

Charming
Ranked #15 of 449 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Prices all included. Free pick up and drop off within Sanur area.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great food, ambience, entertainment, and service. We also ate at Mona Lisa cafe which is often rated as the best restaurant in Sanur. However, Charming is much better, without the pretentious staff and service.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Welcome drink, small complimentary entrees, funky toilets, live music, free lift back to hotel. And of course the food was great too.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Charming is always one of our favourites and we tend to go there for our last dining experience before leaving Bali. They also have a good selection of Australian wines for when you are a little over the bintang and cocktails :-)

Unfortunately, our last experience we were let down by the lack of service and very mediocre food. We sat for over an hour with our menus in front of us waiting for someone to take our order. My gf ordered snails and they were actual cockles that made her very sick. My scallops were very very gritty, then my braised beef tough and under cooked. Usually it is a very busy restaurant but it was pretty bare. All other tables seemed to be getting there lemoncello at the end of the evening but we seemed to miss out. They didn't even ask if we wanted dessert.

Usually it is a little more pricey than other restaurants and I don't mind that as the service & food, usually, is fantastic. However, on this occasion we paid a huge amount for disappointing food. And I must say I am a little over the quartet who still have not learnt the words to the songs they sing hahaha.

I think the owner's wife needs to return as she ran a tight ship! It is still a gorgeous & warm place to eat and perhaps we visited on a bad night. We will still return as usually it is wonderful!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Musicians serenaded us (Western Music) and the food was fine although a bit more expensive than the other restaurants, but a pleasant evening in nice surroundings.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Well after reading the reviews from peoples jbrs, I was disappointed. I did like the little extras at the start didn't need an entree. but thats where the like ended. I ordered as Pina Colarda which was just awful & hot. I ordered Steak & asked for medium to well it came still mooing. They had a 4 pc band playing Mexican music that was alright. Prices for Bali on the expensive side. The decor is nice but the staff do hover around making it hard to enjoy your meal. Well I can say "been there done that, won't do it again"

1  Thank Twinkles65_12