“Excellent Hotel”

Harrads Hotel Convention and SPA
Ranked #75 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel facilities are superb, nice large swimming pool, rooms are spacious and neat, great dining area, and staff highly professional and great help. It's location is the reason I give it 4/5, as it sits off a main highway. There are no other way to get to nearby locations other than with a taxi ride. But nevertheless I really enjoyed my stay at Harrads Hotel.

Room Tip: Be prepared, where ever you like to go you will need to hire a cab to take you there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed for four days business trip in November 2012. Check in was smooth, room was okay, but I did not really 'stay' there as I am out for a meeting the whole day. I did not get any breakfast and did not really know if there is any. Tried twice to go to restaurant at 7am, but it was (always) empty.

the craziest part was when someone called my room at 2am. I ignored it and go back to sleep, but soon after that, my room door was opened by someone. I checked him up, and he said that my room was not locked, so he was 'just checking'. yeah right! check out the next morning.

As I put it in the title, the hotel was average, but because it is in Bali, with all the other hotels, you should have (lots) better options.

Room Tip: Check your bathroom really carefully and always (ALWAYS) put the extra door lock.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank fbrooroh
Reviewed December 28, 2012

For a western hotel it is very tired and dirty. Don't be late for breakfast as there won't be any. The wifi was less than useless. However on a positive note the staff were very friendly and always went out of their way to help.
The hotel is a fair way out of Sanur and is on the main highway.
There is building works around most of the hotel but the noise stopped ofter 5.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the building noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Maggno
Reviewed June 18, 2012

having stayed with louise at harrads dec 20011 i was aware of her problem in regards to the refund arranged by management asi was one of 7 grand father within the group having returned to bali june 2012 armed with documentation confronted the manager robert was able to obtain the refund overdue that was passed on to her louise so many thanks robert for your h elp in sorting the problem . held my review untill i had a chance to sort the problem. firstly the staff at harrads are a great asset to the hotel allways helpfull and friendly and do a wonderfull job under extreme conditions with the construction works in progress i was asked what improovements i thought needed .this was put in writing signed by me ken hodgson and handed to desk manager; having read the reviews over the last six months since it seems nothing has changed to improove the problems needed this may improove once the extensios are complete . would i stay there again \yes once all renervations are complete if only to checkin my opinion if conditions improoved

Room Tip: ask for non smoking if required
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneth H
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing the email to tripadvisor.

i am trully sorry for the delayed of responding the email.

by solving this issue, i do hope to see you and your daughter again at our property in the future.

again, thank you very much for staying at Harrads Hotel and Spa, Sanur.

Regards,

Robert Manurung

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hotel located pretty far from the city center, next to the bypass which is very busy. You can't walk anywhere, if you're ok with catching a taxi anytime you wanna do something, then it's alright, the taxi will be pretty cheap.
The rooms were alright, looks like any standard hotel from anywhere, no charm, no good atmosphere, just another hotel room. Generally everything lacks attention, we didn't get any nice soaps, or slippers, or welcome drink or anything. The bathroom hasn't been clean since the last person that stayed in. When you know you can get amazing hotels in Bali where you will get heaps of small attentions, it's a bit disappointing. Chinese customer next door was smoking in his room, we could smell the smoke from next door, not very nice, their kid was playing in the hallway, yelling at 2am in front of our door.
The pool was murky but probably do to excessive chlorine.

But the people working in the hotel are young Balinese people, unorganized, but very very nice people, always smiling and always super frendly.They are REALLY lovely and kind of save the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidRecht
Reviewed May 23, 2012

went on our first trip to Bali , two years ago ,and stayed at harrads ,to me ,staff were just beautiful ..when the tourist bus was in ,breakfast was a night mare , not enough tables ,i gave up ,took my toast and went back to my room .the biggest problem was to far out ,they have a night club called blue eyes , right in the building ,didn't have far to go home ,the noise ,i didn't hear at all ,from our room . not enough to choose on the menu if you wanted to stay in ,i would have given it a 4 star . went back last year and spent our last night there ,it was so quiet ,felt like we were the only people in the hotel ,a better breakfast but some one didn't light the burners ,every thing was cold ,,not going to hold that against them ,these things happen ,they were training new staff ,but it isn't the same place ,staff ,werent as bubbley .not one staff was there from our first trip ,sad ,we are in our 60s and if you like the quiet ,then go for it .me i dont think we will ever go back .the spa wasnt working ,

Room Tip: they had a lift which was a bonus ,no views ,on second floor ,very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nowell_11
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times and after the last time i will not be returning. I have reccomended this hotel to family and friends, they have stayed at this hotel too.The hotel is clean, and all staff are really nice. The last time I stayed I over booked. I requested a refund on the money 4 days before i was going to stay at the hotel. It was explained to me that they dont usually give refunds but this time they will be happy to give me half of the money back and half credit to use within the hotel. I was happy with this agreement. As I payed for the hotel by transfering money into Harrads bank, it was explained that it will have to be put back into my bank. I was aware this could take a while. The manager assured me he will keep me up to date via email. It has now been 5 months and i have not recieved the money and have not been kept up to date at all. I am very dissapointed about this. I would not stay in this hotel again because of this reason only.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family