“Friends for Life”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Another trip to Sanur, more dinners at Aladdin's and it was so good.
Michael and Yuli welcomed us back like old friends. We always make sure that we visit here on our first night and make sure we make it our last place to eat before we leave. The mushrooms are still to die for.
Make sure you visit here at least once on your trip, you wont be disappointed

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Seeing as how Aladdin Cave was rated on Trip Advisor as one of the best restaurants in the area, my wife and I decided to pay it a visit. As many of the reviews state, Michael, the owner, is a great guy and personally overseas all the tables. Service was therefore impeccable. The food, however, was too bland. I deliberately ordered something not too spicy, but I did expect flavour, which was certainly not present. I regret that, almost a month later, I can't remember what I ordered, but it was an Indonesian dish, so it should have been prepared to a high standard.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Michael, the maitre'd, has been a friend for many years. Every time we return to Sanur we have dinner at Aladdin the first night, and Michael always remembers that I absolutely MUST have the Chicken Florentine. Oh yummmmmm!!! And somehow it's always the same. Usually in Bali you can order the same meal at the same restaurant but the next day it will still be different. I've had caesar salads that bear no resemblance to caesar salad as we know them! But not at Aladdin. Always excellent food, cold Bintang and good prices. Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

On previous visits to Sanur this used to be one of my favourite restaurants. This year the food was very disappointing my fish and shrimp dish consisted of one shrimp. Michael however was his charming self.

1  Thank Bgate2
Reviewed October 21, 2012

the manager and staff were extremely helpful and went back again 5 days later and they rembered exactly what I had eaten previously i.e. asked for some sliced cucumbers and they provided them with my meal without even asking for it. Nice simple Indonesian food nothing glamorous but very pleasant..