“Great service, but the food needs more oomph.”
Review of Aladdin Cafe - CLOSED

Aladdin Cafe
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great service, but the food needs more oomph.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Seeing as how Aladdin Cave was rated on Trip Advisor as one of the best restaurants in the area, my wife and I decided to pay it a visit. As many of the reviews state, Michael, the owner, is a great guy and personally overseas all the tables. Service was therefore impeccable. The food, however, was too bland. I deliberately ordered something not too spicy, but I did expect flavour, which was certainly not present. I regret that, almost a month later, I can't remember what I ordered, but it was an Indonesian dish, so it should have been prepared to a high standard.

• Visited October 2012

Nambucca Heads, Australia
“Love it!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Michael, the maitre'd, has been a friend for many years. Every time we return to Sanur we have dinner at Aladdin the first night, and Michael always remembers that I absolutely MUST have the Chicken Florentine. Oh yummmmmm!!! And somehow it's always the same. Usually in Bali you can order the same meal at the same restaurant but the next day it will still be different. I've had caesar salads that bear no resemblance to caesar salad as we know them! But not at Aladdin. Always excellent food, cold Bintang and good prices. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited May 2012
West Lothian
“Oh dear”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

On previous visits to Sanur this used to be one of my favourite restaurants. This year the food was very disappointing my fish and shrimp dish consisted of one shrimp. Michael however was his charming self.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bgate2
Melbourne, Australia
“good service”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

the manager and staff were extremely helpful and went back again 5 days later and they rembered exactly what I had eaten previously i.e. asked for some sliced cucumbers and they provided them with my meal without even asking for it. Nice simple Indonesian food nothing glamorous but very pleasant..

Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“great meals”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

nice staff, great meals, very good prices, close to the pavillions
chicken satay is great, also the thai fish cakes , would go there again if in bali

Visited September 2012