“Could not have wanted a better lesson”

Bali Stand Up Paddle School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The first SUPS school in Bali now offer also regular SURFING classes.. We offer lessons and rental to help you learn this amazing sport. We supply paddles and specialized stand up boards for all skill levels. Our experienced instructors will give you their personal attention and share the surfing/paddling experience with you. Learning to paddle surf could be the beginning of a new lifelong passion. We only use the best boards and paddle from Jimmy Lewis Hawaii and only run classes if the conditions are good. Classes and rental ONLY with booking. We usually teach early morning to get the best conditions!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We turned up at the wrong meeting spot a little late and the owner came to where we were to get us and take us to the right hotel we were meant to meet at. Nothing was too much for him. He leant us extra sun shirts for my friend and her 11 year old child. Our instructor was Coman who was clear and helpful from start to finish of our lesson. Within half an hour we were all out on a small break and paddling onto waves. We spent the rest of the time catching more and more waves and this was our first lesson! Thank you so much Also the water was clean a great temperature for staying in a long time and we came home so happy with ourselves. I am going back again today to just hire a board for another go.

3  Thank AlayaVerde
in 15 reviews
in 22 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We regularly pop down here and hire a SUP for an hour- staff are friendly, equipment is good and staff are prepared to let you try out before committing!! Prices are also very reasonable!!!

1  Thank TravellingRoths
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went to the shop to organise a SUP lesson and the shop assistant put me on the phone to the instructor, we agreed to meet the following day at 7.30-8am at the shop because it isn't supposed to be as windy then. I got a taxi and was at the shop at 7.30am, I waited until 8.15am still no one showed up the shop didn't open till 10am so I just left. I'm sure this is a great service from reading all the good reviews on here but something needs to be done about the organisation, I explicitly asked the shop assistant and instructor several times that I was to meet at the shop between 7.30 and 8am and they kept saying yes.

1  Thank Cameron J
supbali, Owner at Bali Stand Up Paddle School, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

I'm very very sorry again! I can't believe that this happen again! Unfortunately seems like when I'm not in Bali my staff can't do a good job... Not sure what happen as I just reed this now when I was checking Trip Advisor after long time. Please make sure to contact me next time you will come to Bali and I will offer for you a Free SUP lesson with me as a teacher!
Again very sorry about it.
PS. if it happen to anyone please make sure to let me know on time so that I can provide with compensation or at least find out what happen...

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I've been in Sanur for two days now and each day I've been out paddling with Komang. When I arrived at the shop, the owner Jankie came down to meet me and provide some further info.I've do a bit of flat water SUPing at home but hadn't been in surf so decided to do an intermediate lesson and give the surfing a go. Komang provided great tips and had me catching waves in no time.
The second day conditions were not so great so we spent some time in surf and some just paddling around.
The instructors are great, equipment also very good and I think its great value for money, I'm going again tomorrow morning.
One of the best tips I got, wear long sleeves, the sun is really hot out there and it is a reefy bottom.

1  Thank AdventureMash