“Must be better Indian somewhere in Sanur”
Review of Little India

Little India
Ranked #163 of 436 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Must be better Indian somewhere in Sanur”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The veggie samosas were OK but before ordering it would have been nice to know we would be getting a complimentary plate of two; so we ended up with four. I'm not a big fan of Indian food but I usually like the entree offerings and some sauces. Here it was a little too oily for me, including the masala naan.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jvhs

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Chalong, Thailand
“Very much second best in Sanur...”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As a Brit living in Sanur, I felt it my duty to review every local Indian restaurant, but to be honest I was rather disappointed in Little India. It was practically empty when I arrived, which should have been a bit of a warning. Mutton samosa starter - dry and flavourless; chicken main course also very bland, though excellent mushroom dish and good naan. Overall, not as good as the 'Gateway to India', so that's where I'll be going next time I fancy a curry!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 69ingBishop
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I'd skip this place, try the local warungs instead!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I usually don't eat western or non-native food when I'm traveling, but after a long day of swimming and a craving of butter chicken, I ended up here. Location is spot on and easy to find, staff was VERY friendly, decor was tolerable, and prices were reasonable.

The food, though... eh.

I eat Indian food quite frequently at home, so I've had a fair taste of Indian cuisine. I checked out all the great reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try. It also helped that this place always had people eating here, so I thought it was good. I ordered vegetable samosas (you get 2), naan, and butter chicken. The samosas were pretty good (they even gave me a free one "on the house" as the waitress said), garlic naan was excellent (hard to screw this up), but the butter chicken was ... not even butter chicken. Seriously, it looked like a random dark red curry with a few pieces of chicken. BC is my favorite indian dish, so I was a little disappointed. It was still tasty, so I had no problem cleaning the entire plate. Just don't be surprised if a dish doesn't taste like something you would find at home, even if they claim authenticity!

My recommendation: try it once if you've gone to all the great warungs in the area, but don't plan around this place.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Pratik P
Sanur, Indonesia
“Butter Chicken!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Try their butter chicken, it is delicious! Relatively well-priced, i would definately recommend this place if you are looking for indian food.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank WoutNeck
New Delhi, India
“Nice little India in the heart of Bali”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Indian Taste buds never fail to please. Very tasty Indian food with a real Indian gesture from the hotel staff. While we were placing our order they got to know that we were just married and were on our honeymoon, as a gesture of courtesy they provided us with free complimentary snacks and this gesture was really heart touching.

All in all a great place to visit.

• Visited November 2012