“Nice Chinese Food for a change from Indonesian”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fortune Cookie

Fortune Cookie
Ranked #75 of 429 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: At Fortune Cookie Restaurant we offer a unique experience of San Francisco style Chinese cuisine in Bali. We believe in fresh & healthy Chinese food with no MSG. All our dishes are prepared fresh - made to order. We use Organic vegetables as much as possible, we serve Australian beef and our chicken is all breast fillet. Our famous 'potsticker' dumplings are handmade to order.. You won't find any frozen dumplings here! We pride ourselves on having the freshest ingredients, healthy recipes and fast delivery service. Please enjoy!
Nelson, New Zealand
“Nice Chinese Food for a change from Indonesian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Fotune Cookie and chose standard Chinese dishes.Service was attentive and even though the restaurant was about half full it didn't take long to receive the meal. The fortune cookies received with the bill were a nice touch.

1 Thank LandN449

• Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Tewantin
“Great food, fantastic price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We dined at Fortune Cookie last night and had a lovely time. The staff were attentive, the food was hot and fresh. The dumplings were lovely, the fried rice was tasty, we had broccoli with nuts and sauce which was tasty also. The flavour of the prawn dish was good, the prawns were butterflied but they didn't remove the shell. Overall the flavours were beautiful and we would return. We paid about $135 aud for 8 people that was including a bottle of wine and a few bintangs.

1 Thank Fiona R
Perth, Australia
“We Love Fortune Cookie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wow, was I surprised to see bad reviews! We have eaten here multiple times over the last year or so since we were given a glowing recommendation by a friend and eventually worked out where we needed to go. Every meal has been fantastic and we have no 'major' complaints at all........

We returned on Monday night for a meal and we were the only people in the restaurant (which is always a concern when you see it as you tend to think the place is going to be terrible! But it's not the case here!). The staff recognized my fiance who works for a dive company nearby and were very chatty which is great but even better is that they knew when to step back so we could enjoy a romantic dinner together.

We ordered only two dishes as the serves are big enough to share and feel full with dessert being an option if required. We had the special fried rice which has shrimp, pork and chicken added, then to go with this we asked for the Szechuan chicken as we wanted something spicy as the menu suggested. So, here is my extremely minor gripe.......spicy? Not at all. It only had a very mild zing when I ate one of the dried chilli that had seeds in it. So, I know that the owner will be reading this review so I will say this.......maybe get the staff to check with the customers if they order spicy how hot they want it and either make it spicier or offer a side dish of sliced chilli during the meal. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but needed a bit more of a kick!

The rice was delicious as always and the combination was a winner. We also shared a pot of jasmine tea as my fiance has never had it before and it was a great choice as she very much enjoyed it and I as a herbal tea drinker, thought it was very well prepared and flavored. When you talk about great service it is the small things that can make a difference and having the waitress come over to refill our tea cups was a very impressive touch not often witnessed in smaller establishments, so bravo!

The decor of the restaurant is very nice and I'm not sure if there has been a few updates since my last visit or if I just hadn't noticed the lovely images on the wall. The color of the paint is great and the atmosphere certainly feels influenced by it.....a wonderful vibrant red. They always seem to play nice music too, a good mix of easy listening and ambient grooves to keep a nice vibe. When it comes to dining here don't be daunted by the chopsticks on the table, you do get a knife, fork or spoon if your dexterity is as mediocre as mine!

What would the name of the restaurant be without a serve of fortune cookies? My message in my cookie was 'someone is thinking of you'..........well I can honestly say 'thank you Fortune Cookie for your thoughtful service and excellent food'

busselton
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We tried Fortune Cookie for the first time this trip and liked it so much we returned for a second try. Found our meal to be presented well, very fresh, and tasty. Prices good and a good menu. Found the food similar to chinese we had in singapore.Husband loved the spicy spareribs.The fried rice I really enjoyed as it didnt seem to have that over oily taste as we get from numerous chinese restaurants here in western australia.Would definately recommend and will be a return customer when we are again in Bali.

• Visited May 2013
Busselton, Australia
“We must be bland & boring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading other reviews saying that the staff are not very friendly & the food is bland & boring we either went to the wrong restaraunt or they must have got a new waitress & cook. Although we were the only diners for over a hour the waitress called Chalky was very friendly & kept us amused The food we ordered was fresh & tasty . I had the seafood fried rice & my wife fancied the lemon chicken but it was not available so went for the sweet& sour, she said that it was the best she has had, the only downside for us was the limited choice of desserts but we will definitely be going again as we enjoyed the evening very much

• Visited May 2013