“If you could say it in one sentence, what would it say? Go elsewhere!”
Review of Fortune Cookie

Ranked #80 of 449 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: At Fortune Cookie Restaurant we offer a unique experience of San Francisco style Chinese cuisine in Bali. We believe in fresh & healthy Chinese food with no MSG. All our dishes are prepared fresh - made to order. We use Organic vegetables as much as possible, we serve Australian beef and our chicken is all breast fillet. Our famous 'potsticker' dumplings are handmade to order.. You won't find any frozen dumplings here! We pride ourselves on having the freshest ingredients, healthy recipes and fast delivery service. Please enjoy!
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after reading recommendations on Trip Advisor. How disappointed we were. We ordered drinks, they got it wrong by giving red wine instead of rose wine. We ordered starters and i got half of my main with the starters. I asked her to take it back and keep it hot, reply - no sorry can't do that. Ok? No not ok. We then got the rest of the mains and they forgot to give me the rice i ordered. I asked and she said no sorry we don't sell it. What chinese restaurant doesnt sell egg fried rice? I ended up not ordering anymore food as i wanted to get out ASAP. So to some up, I got the wrong drink and had to eat cold food. Lovely evening, NOT!

1  Thank Dunc M
fortunecookiebali, Owner at Fortune Cookie, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello DuncM

I'm very sorry you were so disappointed with the service you received at Fortune Cookie. The evening you visited, we were training a new waitress who is still learning English, she should have been supervised and again I apologize for the confusion with your order. I can assure you that yes we do sell Egg Fried Rice!

We are constantly working to improve at Fortune Cookie and our goal is to serve the best Chinese food in Bali.. I invite you to give us another try, and offer you 20% off your next visit- pls just mention your tripadvisor name. I'm confident you will be happy with our food and service on your next visit.

Fortune Cookie Sanur

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Only had takeaway but will return in May to dine in, restaraunt not in very nice part of town but looked clean and staff nice. Had to wait awhile for food although there was only one couple dining so everything must be prepared on order which is good. Food was tasty and menu looked inviting with reasonable prices

Hello Kenchris,

Thank you so much for your review! Yes we do make everything fresh - made to order. Our "potsticker" dumplings are rolled fresh by han so they do take a little extra time but are well worth the wait! We do a lot of local deliveries in Sanur also..

Look forward to seeing you in May!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was sick and decided to get home delivery food. I choose this restaurant because of their excellent review. I wasnt dissapointed, it definitely best home delivery i ever had during my stay in sanur! The staff very friendly and patient in taking your order. Quick delivery time, i only wait for 30mins. Food was very nice, i order crab and sweet corn soup, shrimp dumpling soup, pork fried rice, sweet and sour pork, mongolian beef and 2 diet cokes.. It cost me 30AUD, not bad for a feast. food packaging also very good, im so impressed. They give me free fortune cookies which is very lovely. definitely will order again, maybe next time i will go to the restaurant and eat there. Great job, fortune cookies

1  Thank Prischa_Retno

Hello Retno

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it! Hope to see you for a dine in meal next time!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My last visit here wasn't the best, but thought I'd give it another try as a few in our group (14 of us) were craving some chinese food.

I have to say that my experience this time was much better.
Good efficient service, very nice food and icy cold beer.

BBQ pork ribs, sweet and sour pork, cashew chicken and salt and pepper squid were all very tasty.

Everyone in our group enjoyed their evening at the Fortune Cookie.

I'm glad I gave them another go.

1  Thank skiggy

Hello Skiggy,

Thank you so much for your updated review, we really appreciate it and thanks for giving us another go!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The two of us decided to try Fortune Cookie on a Sunday evening after reading about it on Tripadvisor.

Glad we did as the food was delicious. The young waitress was very pleasant and made us feel most welcome.

Our order included chicken fried rice (single serve), chilli prawns and szechuan beef.

With 2 diet cokes and two small bintang the meal cost approximately $25 AUD.

It is in the southern end of Sanur not far from Sanur Beach hotel.

Taxi fare from Griya Santrian was about $2 AUD.

The restaurant delivers food anywhere in Sanur if you require.

We both enjoyed the meal, the atmosphere and the service.

Highly recommended