Sanur Beach Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbig red eskybamboo shoots cooking schoolair conbreakfast tastyice cold beersmall establishmentfull size fridgeshort stroll to the beachbedroom villareally enjoyed our stay heresecond weekgood sizedining tablenice poolirmahostsbali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I recently spent a week at Sanur Beach Villas and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Make no mistake, this is not a five star resort. What it is, is a clean, comfortable, friendly and inexpensive resort that I will definitely return to on my next trip to Bali.
Ron and Irma, our hosts, were very kind and helpful with anything we needed to know about Bali. The rest of the staff were wonderful making sure we enjoyed our breakfast (included in the very reasonable price) and also making sure our room was clean.
Our room was more than adequate with a large bed, roomy wardrobe to keep our clothes, a lockable safe to store our valuables, a fridge (stocked with reasonably priced cold drinks, but also with room for whatever we picked up at the store), and a very cool outdoor bathroom.
The hotel is a little way off the main strip but is an easy walk to the main drag where you will find shops, restaurants and endless spas.
We also enjoyed connecting with other guests around the pool. (I noticed a previous review said it was dirty, but it wasn't during my stay. I and my "germaphobe" husband enjoyed going in the pool multiple times every day.)
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sisabell
Reviewed October 27, 2010

great hotel great food not alot to do at hotel but if you ned to travel further afield there are plenty off tour shops outside the hotel worst thing about bali is the charge to enter and leave the country total rip of

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank booLincoln
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We have just returned from a great, relaxing 2 weeks in Sanur, ( our 2nd trip to the area) and enjoyed every minute of it. Our Villa was clean, cool and very comfortable. After a long days of sightseeing, shopping etc, it was so nice to return "home" and have a swim and meet other guests and plan the nights activities ahead. The villas are well appointed, quiet and we met many other guests and enjoyed their company, along with our hosts Ron and Irma. Our days started with delicious breakfasts (thanks Irma) and we usually planned every alternate day to savour the delights of Sanur, have a massage and relax before heading off the next day to see more of Bali. Will ret urn next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rosterWodonga
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Arrived after spending 3 nights in seminyak and was surprised with the calm tranquility and layout or the place...............Our kids and grandkids were flying in later that day and I knew that they would enjoy their stay there..........
Met Ron and had a freezing coldie under the tree of knowledge or bush of bull#**#.......What a lade back bloke he is and good company.The big red esky is worked on an honor system.Just count your bottle tops.........
Our kids had the 2 bedroom house ( thats what it looked like in size) and we had a 1 bed vills.........Rooms were comfy and value for money.
Downside to the villas is the position......About 10 minutes walk to the beach and restaurants.................Upside is the 10 minutes walk to the beach and restaurants..gets rid or the bintangs and icecreams off the stomach.
Will stay again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Batts69
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was looking forward to our stay at Sanur Beach Villas, and chose it over a couple of other recommendations given by friends. My wife and I are used to staying in mid-range budget accomodations, though we sometimes splurge a bit. Sanur Beach Villas seemed a great choice since we aren't really into big resorts to begin with.

Perhaps my expectations were too high, but we decided to check out after one night. The room itself, aside from being infested with mosquitoes that persisted regardless of how much we sprayed, was well-worn for its few years. The paint was already chipping off the walls, the furnishings were beaten, and the bedding was over-used and thin. It felt unclean and poorly kept. We assumed the small blood stain on the bedding was from a mosquito that had been killed before we checked in. I must say that we stayed in one of the lower-priced rooms. There seemed to be a significant difference in quality compared to the rooms along the right side of the place. From what we could see through the windows, there rooms were much fresher and newer than ours.

I will say that the grounds were nice and green, which gave the place a relaxing feel. It's a pity this didn't extend to the room itself.

The pools of Bali are usually made with natural stone, which means it's common for them to develop moss. However, when I looked in the pool at Sanur Beach Villas, it was actually green with mould. The water was even green. This was the fourth place in Bali that we'd stayed in, so we had a good idea as to what was common. This was not like the other places we'd seen. I couldn't bring myself to swimming in it.

The breakfast was fine. The service was ok. Except the whole time we were there, the girl who seemed to be in charge spent most of her time watching TV or chatting with various individuals. There was a guy on staff who was helpful but difficult to find. Then there was another girl who did ALL of the work, from serving to cleaning to tending to guests' various needs. When we checked out, I made sure to give the tip directly to her. She definitely deserved it. Nobody else worked enough to get their portion.

The location is not very ideal. Restaurants are a fair walk from the location, as are shops. Also, the beach that is walking distance away is a very busy and chaotic public beach. You have to walk about 20-30 minutes to get to a beach that is swimmable. Sanur Beach Villas may be a perfect option for others, but I know there are better options out there for the price. I recommend that you keep looking.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business