“Home away from home in a Tropical Paradise”
Review of Sanur Beach Villas

Sanur Beach Villas
Ranked #28 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Sanur
Brisbane/Bundaberg
“Home away from home in a Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We recently spend 14 nights at SBV and loved every minute it of. We were at Sanur for a wedding and the first week the Villas were booked out by friends and family. The second week we shared it with other travellers.

I have never felt more welcome as a guest anywhere. We loved Ron's big red esky full of cold beer. We loved the hard working staff who kept the place spotless. Irma prepared fantastic breakfasts and Rosie with her bubbly personality made the stay special.

I had never stayed anywhere with an outside bathroom before and was a bit hesitant, but after the first night loved it. Where in the world can you sit on a loo and be surrounded buy a beautiful private tropical garden.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and I loved the king size bed that was in our room. Sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee overlooking the pool was a perfect way to start and finish the day.

A quick 5 minute stroll in either direction had you either at the beach and lovely little eateries or in the other direction you had massages, markets stalls, and more eateries. If you didn't feel like eating at one of the local places you could order in.

If you don't want to walk taxis are so cheap.

What really made it feel like home are the the two dogs, one of which is still a pup. The Mumma dog would excort you on your walks to the end of the road and a little bit further just to make sure you are safe.

I know for sure that on my next visit to Bali I will be staying there again.

Keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Leanne C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Perth
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Sanur beach villas is what I would call a homestay as it is the most casual, relaxed, friendliest place to chill. Sitting under the tree of knowledge solving the worlds problems, cooling off in the lovely pool (full of pool toys) and listening to others solve the worlds problems and relaxing on the porch playing with the 2 resident dogs including little Moo Moo.
Rons spectacular orchid collection throughout the lovely garden should do him proud.
Tea and coffee in the rooms was a nice touch and a dvd player is in each room too..
A safe in the room made for easy security for our money and passports.
Lovely outdoor bathroom, (something very exotic about showering outdoors I think)
Nice brekkie of which we chose poached eggs on toast and a fruit platter and juice and coffee. Daughter had a pancake, fruit and juice.
The only thing I would say is that I think bloodyron (being a bloke) must buy the sheets himself, as the top sheet seemed to be a tad small for the very large comfortable bed……so if you are inclined to want to be covered, perhaps bring a very cheap light weight throw rug and leave behind.
Sanur beach villas is in South Sanur and an easy and cheap taxi ride to the shopping.
Taxi rank is just around the corner.
Some say it's a bit out of the way, but we like that as it is quiet and not hustle bustle.
A short easy walk to salons, cafes (went to warung Blanjong) and the beach (5 mins) and ate at Kesumas).
Ron, Irma and Rosey and staff are lovely and not intrusive at all. though there if you need them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank WSAH
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Our third time to SBV & just as memorable. Hosts Irma & Ron (with Rosie) once again made our stay feel like a family affair.
Stayed in the 2 bedroom villa for most of our stay (AUD80) which was much more than we needed.
Swimming pool has been retiled & looks fantastic.
Stayed in one of the six poolside rooms for the last 4 nights (AUD40). Rooms have been freshly repainted & the roof has been rethatched.
It is always a pleasure to arrive at SBV, knowing no one there & leaving having made new life long friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank m_m2500
oak flats nsw
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We went to Sanur Beach Villas for 9 days after staying in Legian ,when we walked into the resort" BOY OH BOY" how relaxing
we travelled with family and friends ,all up there were 15 of us............ and yes we had a ball . The staff and owners were great and we will be back again this year! If you want a holiday with no fuss Sanur Beach Villas is the place for you ! thanyou for a great stay !!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank hornnj
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2010

On our recent trip to Bali we decided to try a different place for the first 5 nights and decided on SBV and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. There wasn't any one thing that stood out if was everything that made the time so enjoyable.
We arrived at about 5 in the afternoon after the owner organised a driver to pick us up at the airport and we were welcomed in a lovely way, our room was ready for us and the beer was cold!!!
Ron, his wife and staff were very hospitable and made our stay very memorable even to the extent that Ron took us on a couple of sight seeing trips in his car. Make no mistake this isn't an upmarket resort but a lovely peaceful (if you want it to be that is) enclave of double rooms and 2 x 2 bedroom villa's in a mainly residential street in southern Sanur with a beautiful pool, in walking distance to the beach with the restaurants there and the other way to the streets with restaurants, spa's, shops etc..
The one bedroom rooms are in two groups of 3 and have everything you could want, air con that works, big bed and a single as well (in ours anyway), larger than normal fridge, tv, dvd player, wardrobes, tea coffee making facs, and a lovely semi outdoor bathroom - what more could anyone possibly want for $42AUD incl. a cooked brekky????
One night I managed to get locked in the bathroom, hubby was outside and had left the key in the room, yes the door locks when you leave it so you need the key!!!! After yelling at the top of my lungs for a while, the staff came to my rescue with a master key to get into the room so the bathroom door could be unlocked. Ron found the lock to be faulty and he replaced it very quickly the next morning - great to have a hotel owner who is also handy!!!
Would we stay at SBV again, YOU BET we had a ball and next time will stay longer. My husband loved the fact that there was not any need to buy Bintang at the shop and carry it back to the room (even though the fridge was plenty big enough) as the Big Red Esky was full of beer and ice and you helped yourself and just saved the bottle tops and paid when checking out.
Perfect place for a group of friends or family to stay all together.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KazAllen
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husdand and I have just tried to book this accommodation (2 bed villa) for a last minute trip next week (15th November 2010). We have flights on hold and rang the phone number. Ron told us that he would be no longer than 40 minutes and would get back to us as he knew our situation. After over an hours wait and in fear of losing the flights, I called back. He snapped at me and told me to "Stop hounding him and he didn't want our type of guest at his place. So for you I have no 2 bedroom villa available because of your mismanagement" UNBELIEVABLE!

We feel that we have had a lucky escape in not being able to book with this very rude and aggressive "hotelier". Good luck to everyone else if you unfortunately get on the wrong side of this guy he would no doubt snap at you like he has done to us.

Be warned as we were fooled by all of the positive comments compared to the "few" negatives and were treated awfully from the outset by just attempting to prebook a villa over the phone as they had not responded to our e mail sent hours earlier.
We will take our business elsewhere and recommend everybody looks CLOSELY at what the negative responses have said. We feel relieved by not booking to say the least.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
12 Thank Coogeefamilyof4
Victoria, BC
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I recently spent a week at Sanur Beach Villas and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Make no mistake, this is not a five star resort. What it is, is a clean, comfortable, friendly and inexpensive resort that I will definitely return to on my next trip to Bali.
Ron and Irma, our hosts, were very kind and helpful with anything we needed to know about Bali. The rest of the staff were wonderful making sure we enjoyed our breakfast (included in the very reasonable price) and also making sure our room was clean.
Our room was more than adequate with a large bed, roomy wardrobe to keep our clothes, a lockable safe to store our valuables, a fridge (stocked with reasonably priced cold drinks, but also with room for whatever we picked up at the store), and a very cool outdoor bathroom.
The hotel is a little way off the main strip but is an easy walk to the main drag where you will find shops, restaurants and endless spas.
We also enjoyed connecting with other guests around the pool. (I noticed a previous review said it was dirty, but it wasn't during my stay. I and my "germaphobe" husband enjoyed going in the pool multiple times every day.)
Definitely recommended.