“Good cafe” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gardenia Cafe

Gardenia Cafe
Ranked #118 of 420 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Busselton, Australia
“Good cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Always visit for lemon maringue pie or call in for drinks. Not on the main strip but worth the trip.

Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy little cafe tucked away in a corner of Sanur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the Mercure Sanur resort for three nights and enjoyed breakfast at Gardenia cafe each morning of my stay. It is just a stone's throw away and is a very pleasant place which serves up more than decent food, tax-free. The breakfast menu is simple but substantial. You can have a big Bali breakfast consisting of two eggs cooked to your liking, a hash brown which was more like a deep-fried potato rosti, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, bacon and toast. I liked that I could opt for wholemeal bread instead of white bread. Two eggs any style with toast also available.

They also offer a delicious fruit bowl + coconut muesli and yoghurt breakfast, which was my favourite of the lot. Lots of tropic fruit - banana, papaya, watermelon, mango, with a lime wedge for squeezing, with a bowl of their house-made coconut museli covered in natural yoghurt. Very wholesome and great for detoxing. We also enjoyed the banana pancakes which were huge and chock full of yummy caramelized bananas.

They offer up a whole host of yummy drinks - between two of us, we've tried the hot lemon tea, iced tea (very large glass!), hot chocolate, mango smoothie, watermelon juice and orange-lime juice. Juices are freshly squeezed and very refreshing. The mango smoothie was a nice snack on a hot day, and the hot drinks are also pretty decent.

We also enjoyed afternoon tea here on our last afternoon before catching our flight home. The apple and apricot pie is highly recommended. They make a killer pie crust!

Service is also attentive and commendable. I'd left a novel behind during breakfast and popped by on my way out to lunch to see if I could claim it. The staff had kept it for me and even recognized that it was mine.

Overall, it's quite a charming little cafe with affordable prices and I would certainly be back to try the lunch/dinner menu next I am staying in Sanur.

• Visited June 2013
Geelong, Australia
“Lovely little cafe on a quiet street in south Sanur”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I enjoyed a late lunch/early afternoon tea here one day when staying at the Mercure. It's a very pretty little place with white furniture, shaded by overhanging foliage.

The service was efficient and nice enough but not really very friendly with my first waiter having very poor English so he had to call for someone else to take my order. Having said that the girl was efficient and she packed up the half piece of cake I wanted to take away in a little box (this is where the waiter had trouble understanding what I wanted). She recommended the banana cake over the carrot cake and it was very good!! The iced coffee was also great - although not quite as good as Luhtu's in north Sanur!

They also offered free wi fi so I spent a good hour here, eating, drinking and catching up with friends on Facebook. I hope the menu pix are readable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Just Great ,,,,, mr & mrs Blount England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Gardenia for two weeks.could not have picked a better place,quiet location y.et only 5 mins to the beach and 5 mins to the other restaurats in sanur .Plenty of staff on hand if needed,a great place for a lazy and peacefull holiday.The food in the cafe is wonderful,great for afternoon coffee and cake"s....... all we can say is FANTASTIC

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was a great cafe that delivers fantastic Indo and Western meals and excellent coffee. The Ayam Betutu was second to none and we've tried a number in the two weeks we've spent in Bali. Their service was fantastic and quick and the staff polite and helpful.