“far from the madding crowd” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gardenia Cafe

Gardenia Cafe
Ranked #119 of 420 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bali, Indonesia
“far from the madding crowd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

As a semi permanent resident of Bali ( I come to Bali to write books ) I use Gardenia for my early morning coffees and breakfasts. Its quiet charm in the outdoor setting shaded by a giant Banyan tree provides a perfect setting to start the day.
The staff ( as everywhere in Bali) are wonderful, the food perfect and the coffee is just what the doctor ordered.

Its in one of the quieter districts of Sanur and by the looks of things is frequented by 'locals'

Give it a try, for if you dont, you'll never know!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank paulvwalters

• Indonesian first
australia
“Great deserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

All I need to say is great lemon merrang pie just like home. I have not found this anywhere else in Bali.

Visited May 2013
Perth
“Super yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We are here as I write. It was a treat! I didn't expect much as I ordered Nasi campur. The flavours exploded in my mouth and I now need to walk the huge meal off! A real delight when the chef cares about a dish that you can have anywhere.

I tried my husband's grilled tuna steak which sat on wasabi infused mashed potatoes and again it was amazing.

My son's pizza was enormous n my husband is finishing it off now. I had a bite but can't do it justice as I am beyond full.

The mango juices were thick with pulp. We asked for no syrup n half the ice n it was no problem at all.

Meals were

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent in all aras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are currently in Sanur and have been here one week. In that time we have dined at Gardenia three times and will be going again. My parents recommend the vegetarian spaghetti and my daughter recommends the chicken satay and also the spaghetti bolognaise. I highly recommend either the vegetarian Gado Gado or the vegetarian Nasi Goreng.

Service is fantastic and huge portions.

For desert all the cakes are great and also the black rice pudding is amazing!!! So deliciously decadent and sweet!

The venue is pretty and you can even shop for clothes and bags and other accessories while waiting for your meal.

Highly recommended.... :-)

• Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Good value for money!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for years. My husband always orders the tomato soup. This time I ordered the Greek salad. It was all right. The carrot cake was okay too. We enjoy the setting which is always pleasant and off the main road. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2013