We needed a place that was an easy option because we were arriving at 10pm with kids. We booked here because it looked comfortable and that's all we needed. We then spent the next 3 weeks in glorious boutique villas in exotic corners of the island. But if coming to Bali again with kids I'd reduce the fancy villa time and stay here much longer!
The rooms was nice...not luxury, but really pleasant. Everything was well maintained, the staff were lovely, the breakfast great, the beach nice, location quiet but close to good stuff, great beachfront restaurants nearby.. all good.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH POOLS IN BALI is what seals the deal.... Our kids swam all day in a few big hotel pools, they swam all day at Waterbom Park and they swam at Safari Park, and all was fine. When they swam in the fancy small boutique pool in Ubud they immediately got fungal/bacterial infections and when they swam in the small private pool shared between the 5 villas they got blisters on their fingers and ear infections. At one villa I asked to see the water tested and the clorine level and PH level were both seriously below the recommended levels. Another friend complained of the same with her complex's plunge pools. It's pretty obvious really...big mass of water stays cool, while small body of water heats up quicker and turns to bacterial soup if not vigorously maintained. So while the idea of a small private pool is lovely, our kids fared far better in the big hotel pools.
Mecure had a great pool by the restaurant that my daughter loved, she had a great play with kids at the family pool, we snooped about visiting other hotel pools nearby that were also great... and I got to relax more because she was entertained more.
Another kid friendly thing - The room also, while gloriously light filled when you opened the shutters, was able to go really dark for siestas and sleep ins. A great bonus for kids' afternoon naps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali