Stayed from 01/05 to 01/08/14 in Deluxe. The resort is bungalow-style with 3-floor superiors and 2-floors deluxe and family rooms. Got # 220. Close from Resto & Beachfront even the room itself is facing away. The atmosphere is very relaxing. Check in is ok even we havent got our preferred room of king-size deluxe.
The room is well spaced even with shared our 12 yo daughter. Amenities are complete. Rainshower equipped even with no door separating the shower room so the area in front wash-basin was easily wet with splashes.
The Pandawa restaurant is nice with one small pool and beach at the front. But unfortunately the meal is not. I have to say the taste was not matching the price. The seafood soup was ok, but the steak dressing was too sour and the tiramisu was also too sour for my taste (the waiter said it was the bread and it's usual). Easily spent over IDR 800k if not for our complementary dinner from internet-accor booking. Again my verdict - over-priced.
The beach is my favourite. Private. Sunrise spot. We used it very early @ 4.30 AM :) Also for plane-spotting lover as the airspace above the beach is the approach landing route to Ngurah Rai Airport.
Service was great. Housekeeping was sufficient as we found our room cleaned after our everyday's trip. Internet was sufficient as my room is near the restaurant.
Overall verdict - Great Resort with Private Beach for quiet vacation, but not the in-house meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali