Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
2,468 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomprivate beachfree shuttleplenty of sunbedsbeach barlow tideegg stationwalk along the beachbuffet breakfastwelcome drinkrelaxing staysun loungersrestaurants and barsbeach sidepoolsbaligenius
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am an accor advantage plus member, I booked deluxe room at Mercure Sanur for 23 Dec till 25 Dec, I arrived at the hotel at 1.30 pm and the reception staff miss Yudiani set the room 246 for me and she said the room will be ready by 2 pm, but the room was only ready at 2.45 pm, an after I arrived to 246, the room was a Superior room not Deluxe, I complained but they said the room given to me was Deluxe, but I knew the Deluxe room is 42 m2 and also have sofa bed, so they offer extra bed for free, but I still complained, so at the end they gave me Deluxe room at 213. It was an obviously bad experience with Mercure, it was an utterly different service from what I got in Novotel Benoa. They gave free fruit for accor advantage plus member.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Andri232,

Thank you for your review. Let us apologize on the mix up with your room category.

I know Ms. Yudiani is now quite embarrassed. It is out in this forum for all to see on her mistake. As you are quite aware Novotel and Mercure are quite different brands and styles.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Good:
1) Nice grounds with well kept gardens.
2) On the beach in a quiet area of the strip. Away from the main strip, but just a few minutes walk into town or you can take a cab.
3) Nice boardwalk along the beach to rent a bike or just walk in the mornings or afternoons.
4) Price of the hotel was cheap, which is 1 of the reasons we chose this place. I would not pay any more than what we paid, which was $50 Canadian per night.
5) Free shuttle to Hardys supermarket. We took this a couple of times as Hardys is right in town.

The Bad:
1) Wifi was horrible. I can't say I've ever experienced issues with wifi as I did with the Mercure. I called to complain several times, but there's nothing they can or would do. The resort really needs to work on improving this, as there's no reason for it to be so bad, especially since it wasn't an issue in many other resorts.
2) Food at the resort was ridiculously priced in comparison to restaurants just outside the hotel. Forget paying $18 a person for breakfast on the resort. There are a few restaurants right across from the resort that offer great breakfasts for a fraction of the cost. There are also some restaurants along the beachfront. Both of these are much better and economical options.
3) Pools - as others have mentioned, the water temperature feels like you've stepped into a hot tub, instead of a refreshing pool. Not much they can do there.
4) The Superior Rooms are horrible. Probably equivalent to a 2 star in terms of decor and comfort. We ended up moving into a Deluxe room after we complained. The superior rooms are also very small, dark and dingy looking on the inside.
5) Housekeeping at this resort is a joke. We had to call almost daily to complain that our room hadn't been serviced. This would be around 4pm each day and we'd placed the make up room sign on our door when we had left for the day at around 8am. Even when they did come, they didn't change the sheets and duvet cover unless I insisted and many times they weren't able to leave us with the right amount of towels, saying that they would have to come back when more available. One day it was almost 6pm when we got back to our room from the being out all day and I called housekeeping because the room hadn't been cleaned, and the response I got was 'Oh, you would like your room cleaned today'? Very frustrating department of the resort to deal with. No apologies at all from the staff.
6) Didn't really see any activities at the resort, which was one of the reasons why we picked a resort instead of a villa rental, which is what we did in Ubud. We thought it would be fun to have some options of activities to do at the resort.

For the price, you do get some value if you're looking for a resort. Some of the amenities and customer service could be improved. For us, stayed 8 nights at the Mercure and only spent about 3 full days at the resort. The rest of the time we were out on excursions and activities, so it served more as a place to sleep than a place to veg for a week. If you plan on just sleeping here, but going off the resort for activities and day trips as well as to eat, then it's fine. If you're the type that likes to stay on the resort, then I would say look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eh2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write your in depth review. As with all reviews written, we as a Management team discuss them with our staff to show both positive and negative aspects of all our guests stay and thank you again for giving us and in site into your stay.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The rooms, especially the ensuites are a bit tired and dated, but overall the service and facilities are good. Beds are comfortable, but our sheets and pillows did not appear well laundered (actually smelled of sweaty feet).

We especially appreciated the fact that you can use the hotel's facilities even after you've checked out (if your flight is later in the day). We stayed on the ground floor of one of the two storey buildings. I would suggest asking for a top floor room - we were unlucky enough to be located below what sounded like the New Zealand scrum performing the haka on the way to the bathroom at regular intervals.
As a note - I would suggest eating at other cafes/restaurants in Sanur; the hotel food was not the best - in fact, you would be stretching the friendship by referring to it as 'average'. My 'Caesar salad' was suffering from over-use of intense, garlic infused dressing and the only thing 'Caesar' about it was it's untimely demise at the hands of the kitchen. Most of the lettuce leaves had well and truly drowned in the sauce and they resembled wet, limp seaweed rather than crisp salad. Other meals on the same table also lacked any pretence of culinary skill. Your money would be better spent elsewhere and your stomach will thank you for it.

Room Tip: choose a top floor room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Atticlan,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our Resort.
We appreciate both the positive and negative aspects to it. Our Executive Chef and his team though disappointing with your words have discussed in depth your independent review on his team's culinary skill.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Where to start, broken aircon, broken verandah doors, mosquitoes galore.

Uggh

Not returning to Mercure Sanur ever again.

The only good thing was the hotel's standby driver was great and we hired him to drive us and guide us to Amed, which was great.

2  Thank ruchishrestha
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Ruchishrestha,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear you faced some operational issues whilst you were with us.

After reviewing our records, we found that these were not bought to our attention whilst with us. Our team is happy to help anytime. We carry out twice a week a fogging programme by an international standard company to help with the mosquitoes at this time of the year.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We spent 8 nights at the Mercure Sanur and we truly enjoyed our staying in a nice resort that is good value for money. Although the hotel may be less luxurious than others nearby, we chose this hotel as it looked more like a village than a mega resort and we were not disappointed. The garden are lush and beautiful and the small constructions fit well with the surrounding: an ideal place to chill out in between daily trips around the island. We stayed in a superior room which offered plenty of space and comfort but not much character and view: only one window overlooking a little 'private' garden. Probably better to opt for a standard room with balcony in one of the typical balinese building. Service was good with nice breakfast, we also found that when we decided to have lunch or dinner in the hotel the prices were in line with outside. Just avoid the small shop with overly inflated price compared to the shops nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emanuele F
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Emanuele F,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are all very proud of gardens. I am happy to agree with your review about our Food and Beverage pricing.

We are well in line with other hotels and restaurants in the area. Now we also have our happy hours in the bars for the guests to enjoy the 2 for 1.