Just came back from a week stay at Mercure Sanur, and was very pleased with my stay. After reading a few complains about the service, outdated rooms, pool, wi-fi etc...i was curious to test if they were true. Let me assure you, that overall the resort is worth visiting!
Check-in: I was greeted by a very pleasant receptionist, who made me feel right away that I was on holiday. After quick formalities, she explained about the resort facilities and my luggage was taken to the room in no more than 5 min tops.
Rooms: My biggest worry, after reading other comments was that the rooms are in bad condition. I had Superior room and was very pleased with it. Yes, the room is not contemporary style like those you find in ibis Styles or Novotel, but the resort is not aimed to be. After all, Mercure is a mid-range hotel brand and not a luxury brand. Everything in the room was in great condition, nothing broken and no mold in the shower etc....Great 32" flat-TV with lots of channels, comfortable bed & a balcony overlooking beautiful peaceful garden. Room cleaning was done daily and done thoroughly. The housekeeping even realized that i liked my water bottles to be placed on the tea table, rather than in the bathroom and they did so every day!
Wifi: the speed of free internet is not great, as some mentioned and you have to pay for premium bandwidth package. However, it was sufficient enough to check email, facebook and even skype. The connection was steady and did not interrupt.
Breakfast: Contrary to what some were saying, I found the price very reasonable. They had a promotion at that time, you could purchase pre-paid breakfast coupons at the reception and get 35% off putting your total bill at approximately USD 10. Yes, you can get breakfast for USD 6 just around the corner outside of hotel, but please take into consideration that it will NOT be all you can eat and prepared with quality. So please do not compare and complain that the breakfast at the hotel is too expensive just because you don't have big budget yourself. The only thing i would comment, is to make self-service tea/coffee station. Would be faster/easier for both guests and staff.
Restaurant Lunch/Dinner: The prices are very reasonable and just slightly more expensive than outside. Quality was good and service fast. I really liked the band that played every night during daily buffet dinner!
Staff attitude: I think the people that complained about staff attitude are those impatient people that arrived exhausted after 15 hour flight complaining about every little thing going wrong. I found most of the staff smiling throughout the hotel. What i liked the most that all staff take effort to greet you and wish you "good day" when you walk past them. Yes, there were one or two staff that didn't smile, but that was not a major issue as some would say. At the end of the day, nobody can be perfect.
Overall, I would say its a good mid-range hotel with perfect value for money. Beautiful relaxing setting with friendly service is definitely a winner. If you are looking for a quiet hotel at a reasonable price, definitely go for Mercure Sanur! If you are looking for something more contemporary and luxurious, please don't be shy to spend more and stay at Novotel Nusa Dua, but then again, its all about your budget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali